Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Admissions Policy

Hi!

Can someone please tell me what the Admissions policy should cover to satisfy the requirements of SCSWIS???

so far i have covered how i will deal with enquiries, how i will handle new admissions, what i will offer in the way of settling in, and also covered how i will offer places assuming i end up with too many enquires :-)

Is there anything else they would be looking for here???? Did i even need all that or have i just made more work for myself????

Any help or advice greatly appreciated! :-)

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

will watch this post as moving to scotland in next couple of months

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to have a statement showing that you are inclusive and welcome children from any family regardless of disability etc.

Here's what I have said in my Scottish e-book...

You will need to write an admission policy which states that you are willing to care for any children within the ages dictated on your Childminding Certificate.

You might also note how you manage children’s transitions into your setting, including your settling in process.

Hth

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm using my sons laptop just now as mine is in having a virus removed, should have it back Monday and i'll send you a copy of my admission policy....

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thank u!

Fab! thank u so much!

Re the statement about welcoming any child into my care regardless of disability, etc...

1) surely we have the right to refuse a child if we believe that we cannot provide for their needs effectively??? e.g. a child with mobility problems perhaps isn't best suited to a minder in an upper flat...just an example.

and also, isn't some of this covered under the Equal Opportunities policy????

seems to be a few areas cut across different policies....sigh! Not looking to cut corners here, but looking to be efficient in my paperwork! :-)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some wording in policies does cross over but you will need to say things twice if you are expected to have specific policies.

As for welcoming children with disabilities, you might say that you have completed an inclusion audit of your premises and are fully aware of the limitations of the house / flat / garden access / toilet etc which might preclude access by a child in a wheelchair / using a walking frame etc.

However that affects only a small percentage of the children and adults who are disabled and you will work with families / children / parents etc to recognise barriers to inclusion and enable the child to attend where possible.

Hth

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

policy done now...a huge thanks to everyone!

:-)

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just looking for ideas of what to include in my admissions policy (in England). Any ideas/help would be appreciated.