Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun-11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Statement from your Bank

Quote Originally Posted by WeePud View Post
    My bank drew me up a letter there and then- just saying ".... has banked with us for X number of years. During this time she has conducted her account satisfactorily and is considered to be a respected and trustworthy client."

My CCO seemed to think this was fine, so maybe worth getting something similar?
    Yes, my bank (Alliance/Santander) provided this as well. It was £10, though I have heard some banks charge more.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the banks really are not helpful at all when it comes to this financial statement...I think the wording of it all confuses them as they dont refer to it as a financial statement. If they dont give you one the care commission can give you a draft of a letter to give to the bank. My bank said the Care Commission should really be writing direct to the banks for it.

Good luck with registering. I registered on 15th October and got 2 girls and really enjoying it glad I did it.

Post Thanks / Like

Really don't see what its got to do with them!!

Good job they didn't have to have my financial info when I registered 12 years ago!! We permanently lived on the overdraft - hence the reason for my going back to work in the first place

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Great, if we move back to Scotland I will have to go through all this

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Tne bank manager basically said all that she would put is I have a bank account and that i have banked with them for xx amount of years and thats it!! so really what a waste of time they dont get anything out of it.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting this to hopefully try put some people at ease ! My letter from bank was based on my business account which I just opened. Very basic letter saying I had opened an account with them an it had ran well an bank could not forsee problems. Had my final inspection and that was enough according to Cco yippee cant wait to start with my mindees x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Update all new childminders thinking of registering will be glad to know that this is being dropped from the application form so my DO announced today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12