Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-reg and smoke alarms

Hi everyone,
    I've been lurking here for a wee while now and gotten some great information and just wondered if anyone could help.
    My application is just about finished, done all my policies and procedures and just sorting out my fire stuff now. My smoke alarms are mains fitted and interlinked but I have just discovered that they are older than the BS they need to be so will need to replace them but at what point will I have to do this. It says not to do any work now but if I put down on the form for the fire officer that they are not right what will happen? Can i add a note to it saying that they will be done before registration or will I need to do another one later? I know I can get a grant to do it too, but can I get that before I am registered or do I pay for them myself pre-reg and then claim it back after I am registered?
    Will make some phone calls tomorrow but if anyone has any experience of this or advice that would be great.

Thanks,
    W x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pre-reg and smoke alarms

I'd ask your local fire station about visiting to fit you new smoke alarms!

They come out to me every couple of years and give lots of good advice too

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

You will need them fitted for fire officer will sign off your application. The fire officers signature must be on your application before your registration is granted.
    Me x

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Quavers View Post
    You will need them fitted for fire officer will sign off your application. The fire officers signature must be on your application before your registration is granted.
    I'm a bit puzzled by this, cos my cco officer told me the other day that they only thing they required to register you was the form you fill in with your application saying that you have contacted your fire service and sent them the form in your application. She said this cos I'm having slight issues with my fire safety officer at the moment, he's only done one childminder before me and seemed a bit confused about what he required from me.

Either way unless there is a reason you think you won;t get registered I would check with your fire safety officer and if they need to be updated do so before they visit.