Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Daily diaries electronically

Hi,
    I wondered if anyone does daily diaries to the parents by email?

At the moment i do written daily diaries but i am wondering if emailing daily would be better but not sure if that would work or not. I also do a separate daily diary Sheet for the kid's folder.

thank you
    Wendz

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I use an online journal and for one of my parents (the one who wasn't sure about going electronic but absolutely loves it now ). I do her daily diary as part of the journal (just written up as a observation not a special daily diary and it works beautifully,I type up bits on my phone as the day goes by and send it off at the end of the day. Mum gets it before she sees lo at home so can ask informed questions about the day. E mailing would be exactly the same.

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    I use an online journal and for one of my parents (the one who wasn't sure about going electronic but absolutely loves it now ). I do her daily diary as part of the journal (just written up as a observation not a special daily diary and it works beautifully,I type up bits on my phone as the day goes by and send it off at the end of the day. Mum gets it before she sees lo at home so can ask informed questions about the day. E mailing would be exactly the same.
    Thank you blue bear, do you keep the journals and show care inspectorate that's what you do?

Thanks Wendz x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to print mine off and have a paper journal (I'm in England so follow the eyfs) it's not necessary to have a paper one as you can just log in and show the online journal but I feel they are a bit flat, I add bus tickets, child's drawings flowers we have picked....... Yes you can photograph and add but it's just not the same.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a shared e-mailed daily sheet that shows the resources children played with, trips and outings we went on, snacks, lunch & tea, nappies & sleep - I send it to all parents (blind copies so they can't see others e-mail addresses) - I find this works well as often one parent brings the child and the other parent or grandparent collects so although I do a verbal handover the information often doesn't get passed on. weekly recording sheet.doc A.doc (the initials on bottom of form represent child's initials but on my form I put child's name).

I find sending a daily e-mail useful as them I can add a message about bringing appropriate clothing or details about a planned trip or a reminder about paying on time or useful websites I may have found about car seat safety etc - I no longer need to do a quarterly newsletter. I sometimes get a reply and if it's a positive comment or thank you then I copy and paste the details into a word document then add to my SEF as evidence of working with parents.
    Last edited by hectors house; 29-05-2015 at 08:25 AM.

7. Likes Wend liked this post