Is planning permission needed for a variation from your council?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is planning permission needed for a variation from your council?

Hi there,

Has anyone had the Care Inspectorate grant a variation? I am about to submit a variation form requesting to have one extra child a day. The variation form asks have I contacted my council planning department about my request for the variation. Did anyone else who has submitted a variation contact their council's planning department about it?

I remember hearing a childminder local to me saying something about having to pay £400 to the council for her variation. I think she possibly meant the council planning department charged her this £400 rather than the actual variation.

Any advice about how everyone else got on would be greatly welcome. Thanks.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is always best practice to contact your planning department if you do anything different from standard / normal ratios.

Some LAs require cms to have planning permission - and you cannot increase numbers until it's gone through.

This has been written for England but it's relevant for all countries Planning permission rules - ENGLAND

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I will try to get a chance to give them a phone tomorrow.

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah. I have just got round to phoning them. It will cost £401! Anyhow, they have said I can send in a pre application email/letter and they will have a look at it before I go ahead and spend £400 on something they don't grant!

Your booklet/leaflet is so useful. Thanks so much for writing it and directing me to it.

5. Likes sarah707 liked this post