So, after what seemed like eternity I am now fully registered and raring to go! Yay! Although then a bit of a spanner was thrown in the works ... I found out I was pregnant!! Very happy but just not the most ideal timing. As of yet I haven't got any mindees (have had lots of enquires and have been very open with the situation as I would never take someone on to turn around and tell them it was only for short term). I'm due in September so what I am thinking/hoping to do is offer short term contracts and to people who need very flexible childcare. At the moment my hubby and I have done our sums and we really just need a bit of income to get by so I'm thinking of offering care to people who do shifts and can't be given set days each week. Also to people who have partners who work offshore and maybe only need so many weeks of childcare and then nothing for a few weeks. Does this seem logical to you guys? All opinions/advice are welcome - also please tell me if Im overlooking anything that would be a massive problem (obviously I know going down the no set days root throws up some issues). I've been reading up on the pay as you go type minding and not sure I'd want to go down that route but not ruling it out as just now I'd really just like to get started and have some income before baby is born.

Oh also, do I need to inform anyone like the care inspectorate that Im pregnant?

Thanks in advance

Heather