Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is in your first aid box?

Me again!

I am expecting my registration to come through in next two weeks.

What do you have in your first aid box? Where will I find out what I should have in my first aid box?

I feel that I don't have a clue. Am I best to join Scottish Childminding Association? Will they tell me everything I need to know? Is this where I get contracts from and an idea of what to put in a contract? Also I want something to hand to parents (when I get enquiries, like my positivity!). An information pack. I don't want to bamboozle parents initially with all my policies etc. Just an information pack would be good.

As soon as my registration is through my friend wants me to watch her son. I am delighted but want to make sure everything I need is in place.

I haven't done first aid training. Where did you all do it? I asked my council but they won't let me do it with them until I am registered. When did you all do it.

Also, how long after you were registered were you inspected?

Thank you everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there
    I have not long registered. I am a member of the scma. You can get your liability insurance from them. I also bought contracts and cash books from them too. I have a first aid kit with the basics in it but not sure if it's enough. I give out a welcome pack to new parents. In it I put a bit about what I will offer and what I plan to do during the day. I also put in what experience I have and my qualifications. When new parents start you will need them to fill out contact details emergency contacts, doctors details and all about me form. Hope this is a help to you. I have been learning about what is expected of other childminders at mother and toddlers groups and there is lots of advice and info on here.

Good luck with everything

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shellbells.

I know one childminder who has a son in my daughter's class. She has said she will pass my number on to any enquiries she can't take on. I will ask her for some info then.

Think I will need to start stealing some idea's off the internet for welcome packs to give parents. Thanks. Thanks for the info on your welcome packs.

How much is smca joinging fee and how much was the public liability insurance? Did your house and or car insurance go up by much? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all in for joining the scma and liability insurance £96 for the year. I pay in monthly direct debit installments which is great when starting off. My house and car insurance didn't go up by too much either so doesn't put you out to much. Of there is anything just let me know. Would be happy to help

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shellbells. As soon as registration is through I'll join scma and get my public liability insurance through them.

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed it will all go through quickly for you