Ending contract
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ending contract

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ending contract

I terminated a contract 2 weeks ago as the child I had was taking up a space for a full time place
    I know it seems selfish but i was barely getting by and now I have a full timer starting after the 4 weeks termination ends (2 weeks time)

Parent emailed can we make LO last day on the 2nd week I emailed back to say its a 4 week termination process. Now parent is wanting to talk to me tomorrow when she comes I'm feeling awkward on what to say.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dawnn93 View Post
    I terminated a contract 2 weeks ago as the child I had was taking up a space for a full time place
    I know it seems selfish but i was barely getting by and now I have a full timer starting after the 4 weeks termination ends (2 weeks time)

Parent emailed can we make LO last day on the 2nd week I emailed back to say its a 4 week termination process. Now parent is wanting to talk to me tomorrow when she comes I'm feeling awkward on what to say.
    I would probably let her go especially if she has found someone else to care for her child but that's my way of thinking.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm genuinely confused.

I got the impression from your post #9 on the original thread http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...rontation.html that you'd resolved the issue and knew how to approach it.

Has something happened to change your mind, or could you give more detail that might help members to offer appropriate support?

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree if you have ended contract and found someone else I'd be more inclined to say yes ok as maybe she has found someone else and can't afford 2fees

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Definitely if you have given notice as well because of the child not settling. I would be snapping her hand off
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were an employer and had told someone that they were sacked with one months notice, you wouldn't then want to turn round and tell them they couldn't take another job with an immediate start.

You are the one telling them to leave because they are taking up a full time space and they don't suit your requirements anymore, they have managed to find alternative care but it will leave you out of pocket for a couple of weeks - just let them go and wish them well.