Self assessment for care inspectorate
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Self assessment for care inspectorate

Hi, I am currently trying to fill out my self assessment and am newly registered so finding this a tad daunting! I would appreciate any help or advice on filling out these forms.
    I am in Scotland but don't know if that makes any difference.
    Thanks
    Lizzie

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I can't help but I'm in the same boat...about to start filling out my first one! Haven't even looked at it yet, not sure I want to!

3. Likes Lizzieritchie liked this post
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you both got a copy of the National Care Standards? There's also a booklet called Meeting the Standards which had loads of suggestions for ways to prove you are fulfilling all the Standards which is really useful for filling in the self assessment. Biggest piece of advice I can give you is make sure you big up all the things you do well-if you sell yourself short then it's only you that suffers!!! It's a daunting task filling out the first one but it does get easier!! Feel free to pm if you have any questions-I've just done my 9th one!! x

5. Likes Lizzieritchie liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Thanks for the advice ) i'v got the national care standards so i'll get flicking through that but i'v not got the other book which i'll look into. i'v been putting it off but time is running out so i'm gonna have to get on with it ha.
    It's the wording I think i'm gonna have trouble with but i'm sure like you say it will get easier with time.
    Thanks again xx

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I started mine last night Lizzie but just seemed to ramble on about things lol

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Please let me know if either of you need help with any of the questions, happy to help out if I can x

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizduncan72 View Post
    Please let me know if either of you need help with any of the questions, happy to help out if I can x
    I just wasn't sure what to write, or if I'm doing it right. I also couldn't think of anything to put in the improvements bit? Lol x

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post

I just wasn't sure what to write, or if I'm doing it right. I also couldn't think of anything to put in the improvements bit? Lol x
    I tend to just put 'continue to work with parents/attend training/ involve children in planning etc' for the improvements, basically just keep doing what you're doing well!! Are there any questions in particular that you're unsure of? x

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizduncan72 View Post

I tend to just put 'continue to work with parents/attend training/ involve children in planning etc' for the improvements, basically just keep doing what you're doing well!! Are there any questions in particular that you're unsure of? x
    Oh yeah, that sounds good!! Not sure, I'll have a look later and maybe send you a wee message if there's any I'm stuck on, if that's ok? x

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post

Oh yeah, that sounds good!! Not sure, I'll have a look later and maybe send you a wee message if there's any I'm stuck on, if that's ok? x
    Yes no problem x