Inspection in Scotland - any recent news?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection in Scotland - any recent news?

Hi there has anyone had a recent inspection. Just wanted to find out what they are looking for as haven't had an inspection for 2 years. Does anyone know if they still send out questionnaires for parents to fill in 4 weeks before inspections

Thanks

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Not had one now for nearly 3 years, spose they will have me on their radar though. Think most of the focus this year seems to be parent participation and medication seems to have been checked at everyone's recently!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not had an inspection yet but heard at CM group today that 2 childminders had unannounced inspections last week!

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karen188 View Post
    Hi there has anyone had a recent inspection. Just wanted to find out what they are looking for as haven't had an inspection for 2 years. Does anyone know if they still send out questionnaires for parents to fill in 4 weeks before inspections

Thanks
    I had one last month after 4 years, which I think is the norm now. Never have Ofsted sent my parents forms to fill in but I made one up my self to show Ofsted. MY inspector was very tough, but I guess they all are. It was all about development, what I knew about each child, where they are at, how am I going to bring them on etc. I had to talk about the activity I was doing with the children, what they were getting out of it . She told me not to even bother giving her loads of paper work, she wanted to know what I knew!! The questions were ongoing for the 2.5 hours she was with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default inspection in scotland

i just had an inspection a few weeks ago and i received the white envelope with the questionaires for the parents so yes they still do it good luck ;-)

June 98
    Post Thanks / Like

Default inspection in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by dawnn93 View Post
    i just had an inspection a few weeks ago and i received the white envelope with the questionaires for the parents so yes they still do it good luck ;-)
    Hi,
    I'm Carol, I haven't participated in a forum before, although I do log in and read messages to see whats going on with other childminders.
    I have not had an inspection since the change to Care Inspectorate and I've just received my envelope with parent questionaires. Did you get an inspection within 3 weeks of receiving the questionaires?. Just wondered what to expect

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I was only registered in April, no kids at the moment although one starting in August, but I received my parent questionnaires on Wednesday. I emailed my inspector, told him I don't have any kids as have only been registered for two months and he replied saying that now, receiving the questionnaires doesn't necessarily mean you will be inspected in this inspection year.