Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Question for childminders...

How much would you be prepared to pay for online training - in the evening to make it accessible to everyone...

It could be repeated if there was interest and it was set for the 'wrong' evening...

It would be interactive (ask questions and get real time answers) -

With a participation certificate and handouts (where relevant) at the end?

Just thinking aloud here and trying to gauge interest

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our local authority do offer a few on-line courses but they don't have any interaction, you just work through it at your own pace - they charge £15 for maths e-learning courses. I do find it enjoyable to go on real courses to meet other local childminders and to share good practice, recently went on an Outdoor Play course which was great fun.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Would it be you doing the training and answering questions, Sarah?

4. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment my LA offer free online courses. No interaction. We have 6 weeks to complete it or pay £25. Certificate at the end. So I wouldn't want to pay if I could get it for free.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would depend how it was presented, how many people were involved etc.

If there are too may people the questions come too fast and it's hard to follow who's asking and answering what. If there were fewer people you'd obviously have more time, so I would expect to pay more.

The best courses I've done online (not necessarily childcare related) have started with an online video presentation to watch in advance (the instructor sitting talking), followed by a real time interaction session/discussion.

If it was a free for all, with lots of people trying to join in at once, I'd probably not want to pay more than £10 as I wouldn't be certain of getting much out of it and may well be just an observer rather than a participant. If it was a smaller group that I knew I could take an active part in I'd look at paying at least double that, but no more than £25/30. In any case, it would have to be on a subject that I really wanted to know more about as so much information can be found online for free.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this for something similar to what Pauline ran a few years ago? Where we registered an interest and took part in an online discussion relating to a specific topic. It ran for the course of a week or so each time. But maybe more in depth. I loved the ideas of those ones because they ran for a few days and we could drop in as we were able, without needing to be tied down to a specific time - esp considering how my current internet is, with it dropping out frequently.

For online training I have paid up to £40 (for very basic and disappointing NDNA courses) and this is the maximum I would consider paying for one, from a well known company. I'd usually go no higher than around £30 though.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    Would it be you doing the training and answering questions, Sarah?
    Just seeing if there is any interest ... I have quite a few training courses now and I am a qualified trainer and go out to venues - but to get the information 'out there' to more people I'm thinking the internet might be the way to go