Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Updated mini e-books - 05.2013

I have updated my mini e-book library

For those of you who don't know, I have a range of mini e-books - little e-books full of information and advice about the EYFS, Childcare Register and other requirements.

They are about 15 - 30 pages long and they are packed with information on specific subjects.

Over time the range has grown and I wanted to make sure I didn't have any duplicated information which is already in my big e-books... I write the same things so often I confuse myself sometimes

As a result of my updating, I have removed some titles, combined some titles into big e-books and revised other information to make sure it reflects current good practice.

If customers want updated copies of mini e-books they have purchased previously - and they are on this list - please contact me and let me know.

Here is my updated mini e-book list -

Health and safety - mini e-books

• M 3 - Medication administration - medication information, guidance and sample paperwork for the EYFS to help you meet statutory requirements
    • M 11 - Intimate care routines - a focus on safeguarding children and enabling independence as you provide intimate care routines such as hand washing, nappy changing et
    • M 13 - Allergies - information for supporting children who have allergies, anaphylaxis, Epipens etc and their parents
    • M 21 - Accidents, injuries & first aid - advice and ideas to help you meet the statutory requirements of the EYFS including sample paperwork
    • M 26 - Manual handling - if you hurt yourself you cannot work... this mini e-book includes advice about lifting, carrying and protecting yourself from injury
    • M 30 - Risky play - do you allow children to play in risky ways and enable them to manage their own safety? I have researched the pros and cons
    • M 43 - Emergency contact book - all the emergency paperwork you need to help keep the children safe.
    • M 54 - Emergency plan review - audit your emergency planning to ensure compliance with the statutory and guidance requirements of the EYFS 2012
    • M 47 - Choking risk assessments - a series of information and good practice information aimed at protecting children from the dangers of choking.
    • M 51 - End of life care - to help you support children who are seriously ill or dying and children coping with the death of a loved one
    • M 55 - Infection control - ideas of ways to keep children healthy and protected from infection and cross contamination while in your care

Organising your business - mini e-books

• M 4 - Complaints - including sample policy, procedures and paperwork to help you meet the EYFS and Childcare Register requirements
    • M 34 - Write a business plan - ideas for writing a business plan to help you ensure your childminding provision remains economically sustainable
    • M 35 - Marketing your business - lots of ideas for marketing your childminding business
    • M 37 - Arrivals & departures - I have included lots of ideas for supporting parents and children during these difficult transitional times of the day
    • M 42 - Childcare Reg vs EYFS - it is important that you understand the differences between the 2 registers so you can support all the children’s needs
    • M 46 - Employing a cleaner - to support you with the paperwork etc if you have a cleaner on the premises during working hours
    • M 50 - Key person role - reflect on how the key person approach supports children’s learning and development and supports your work with each child. This will help you to produce the documentation you require for the revised EYFS
    • M 62 - Paperwork retention - retention times for essential childminder documentation
    • M 64 - Permissions - some of the main permissions you will want to discuss with parents before children start in your care

Monitoring children’s progress - mini e-books

• M 7 - All about me - a sample ‘all about me’ / child information form to be completed before the child starts at the provision
    • M 8 - Transitions - support children through changes in their lives including moving on to a new setting
    • M 9 - School aged children - ideas for accommodating the needs of older children who attend school during term time
    • M 18 - Working with others - tips to help you work in partnership with other settings and professionals as required by the EYFS
    • M 22 - Group planning - an overview of some of the best ways I have found to plan for groups of children – with sample forms for the EYFS, See e-book 15 ‘EYFS planning’ for more detailed information
    • M 23 - Individual planning - an overview of some of the best ways I have found to show evidence of individual planning for each child… with sample forms for the EYFS 2012. See e-book 15 ‘EYFS planning’ for more detailed information
    • M 59 - Starting points - work with the EYFS Development Matters document to note each child’s ongoing learning and development. Includes an over of DM 2012 in a simple to use format
    • M 60 - Settling in & initial obs - ideas for helping children settle into your provision and noting initial observations which will help you to evidence how a child is progressing
    • M 74 - Children’s learning styles - information about various learning styles you might spot when observing children’s play. This information will help you to note the characteristics of their learning - see mini e-book 70 ‘Characteristics of Learning’ for more information
    • M 76 - Observe, assess & plan - an overview of what the EYFS 2012 says about observation, assessment and planning. See e-books 14 ‘EYFS observations’ and 15 ‘EYFS planning’ for more detailed information
    • M 77 - Preparing children for school - ideas for how to support children to have the skills needed ready for starting school
    • M 78 - 2 year progress check - a detailed look at how to complete the 2 year progress check, a requirement of the EYFS 2012
    • M 79 - Supporting learning at home - the EYFS 2012 requires us to support children’s learning at home. This mini e-book will support you - includes sample forms
    • M 88 - Over 8s - information and advice needed when caring for older children in the provision

Inclusion - mini e-books

• M 15 - Disability - suggestions for enabling children to learn about disability without prejudice and ideas for resources
    • M 16 - Equality of opportunity - supporting children as they learn about equality and dealing with challenges. Includes paperwork for the EYFS
    • M 17 - Multiculturalism - our world is increasingly multicultural and we must support children to learn about it to meet the requirements of the EYFS
    • M 25 - IEPs and ILPs - Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) and how they enhance outcomes for children
    • M 29 - Visual timetables & social stories - a lot of children benefit from using visual timetables which support them through the day. I have also looked at how to write social stories
    • M 33 - Rewards and punishments - a look at how rewards and punishments can influence outcomes for all children and promote equality of opportunity and inclusion
    • M 63 - Being inclusive - to support childminders manage inclusion and a brief look at how the Equality Act 2010 impacts on our work. See e-book 47 ‘The Equality Act 2010’ for more detailed information

Professional development - mini e-books

• M 20 - 4 Themes of the EYFS & self evaluation - reflect on your strengths and weaknesses using the EYFS as a guide. See e-book 18 ‘SEF Guide’ for more detailed information about the Self Evaluation Form

I am writing a range of new continuous provision and themed planning mini e-books next!

If you would like me to write mini e-books about any other subjects linked to the revised EYFS please let me know.

Thank you!

2. Likes nell57 liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! So many to choice from, I need some quiet child free time to read through properly and decide which ones I want and which I already have!!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to help everybody.

4. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

No, no, no, no, no Sarah! No more ebooks!!

I thought I'd managed to wean myself off them
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

6. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to this. How/where do you get the ebooks please? :-) would love to order some. Thanks x

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah. I don't know where you find the time to help us all as much as you do! I'll have a look at the ebooks I have and see if any of them are on your list. Hx

9. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't purchased one yet but will be when I move and set up my business again from my new home. They all look fab and you are a star for helping everyone the way you do! X

11. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkling Stars View Post
    I'm new to this. How/where do you get the ebooks please? :-) would love to order some. Thanks x
    Hi Twinkling Stars - what a pretty forum name!

Thank you for your enquiry.

All my e-books, mini e-books and illustrated e-books are for sale on my website - Knutsford Childminding | Sarah Neville - Registered Childminder.

You will also find lots of free information on this website - Eyfs for Childminders - you can check you like my writing style before you commit!

Thanks again

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah, will do! :-)

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    If you would like me to write mini e-books about any other subjects linked to the revised EYFS please let me know.
    How about one called 'Time Management - how to fit more than 24 hours in a day'

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    How about one called 'Time Management - how to fit more than 24 hours in a day'
    I have written that for childcare.co.uk gold members - if you are on the site you will find it in your membership section

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still on my risk assessment books! Once I have finished writing them all I will move onto another. The books read well and are easy to follow, you have done an excellent job with them. Thank you

17. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    I am still on my risk assessment books! Once I have finished writing them all I will move onto another. The books read well and are easy to follow, you have done an excellent job with them. Thank you
    Thank you! That is so kind of you

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

Just received your planning e-book. Looking forward to reading it. (my real names Selina) :-)

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, you are In fact Wonder Woman really aren't you?! I often think , while I'm stressing about whatever, how on earth do you find the time?! Thankyou for all your hard work. It really is appreciated! X