I have been busy updating some of my e-books to reflect the recent factsheets and information from Ofsted including -

Medication - Jan 2013 - factsheet 080290

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Giving medication to children in registered childcare

I have updated mini e-book 3 ‘Medication’

Risk assessment - Nov 2012 - factsheet 120334

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Requirements for risk assessments

I have updated e-book 5 and written an Information Guide detailing the new advice for gold members of Babysitters, Childminders, Nannies, Nanny Jobs, Private Tutors - Childcare.co.uk.

Requirements for written documents - Jan 2013 - factsheet 120339

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Requirements for written documents: childminders delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage

I have updated (in detail) e-book 25 to include all the new information.

Records, policies and notification requirements - Jan 2013 - factsheet 120412

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Records, policies and notification requirements of the Early Years Register

I have updated e-book 29 ‘Policies and Procedures’. This e-book now contains information about the required policies and procedures AND permissions for childminders.

I have also the updated Policies and Procedures Information Guide for Babysitters, Childminders, Nannies, Nanny Jobs, Private Tutors - Childcare.co.uk to reflect the new information from Ofsted that childminders are not required to write policies and procedures UNLESS they are registered on the Childcare Register (see footnote 4) in which case there is a list of P & Ps that must be in writing.

This very useful forum thread from AngelDelight has also been updated -

IDEAS FOR YOUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - UPDATED 01.2013

DBS (formerly known as CRB) checks

CRB checks have had a name change and a different authority is now responsible for them -

The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) | Home Office.

I have updated the following e-books -

• 48 ‘Assistants’
• 57 ‘Child Protection and Safeguarding’.

I have also just finished updating e-book 16 ‘EYFS Meeting the Standards’ - chapter 2 ‘Safeguarding and Welfare’ - to reflect all the new information from Ofsted.

Please email me if you have previously bought any of these e-books and would like a free update