Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default In-house training

Most childminders constantly review and train and learn about new things - they come on here and find advice and suggestions and use them in their own provision and they ask other childminders for ideas and use them to enhance children's activities and experiences.

In-house training is an important part of your provision - it allows you to be reflective and to learn about new things from the comfort of your computer rather than having to turn out on cold winter nights to sit through training sessions.

I am trying something new in association with childcare.co.uk this month! As most of you know, I write little Information Guides for gold members on the site...

This month I have written a guide about the Information Commissioners Office requirements for registration.

Then I have written a short audit / checklist with a 'certificate of completion' at the end. You can work through the audit, answering the questions and then you can print and fill in an 'in-house training' certificate for your training / CPD file to show Ofsted that you are constantly evaluating and reviewing your provision.

You will also be able to include information about your in-house training in your SEF or personal self evaluation form, linking it to your completion of the audit.

Please let us have feedback - if you find it useful and it is popular I will write some more!

mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

going to do it now sarah. and ill let you know how i get on.

3. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant idea Sarah, I love it.
    Unfortunately, although signed up to childcare. co.uk,I'm not a Gold member - yet.
    This idea really appeals to me as I find it so difficult to get to trainings as I don't drive, and rural transport is difficult - when I did one last year it involved a bus from my village to the train station in the next town, a train to the next city, another train from there to the town the venue was in and then a taxi to the venue from the station. It took 3 hours - if driving it would have taken 1 1/2hours.
    Sometimes there's another childminder who will give me a lift and we share petrol costs, but it's infrequent.

I attend all the essential training First Aid, Safeguarding etc but this idea for some things would be great.

feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ICO

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Most childminders constantly review and train and learn about new things - they come on here and find advice and suggestions and use them in their own provision and they ask other childminders for ideas and use them to enhance children's activities and experiences.

In-house training is an important part of your provision - it allows you to be reflective and to learn about new things from the comfort of your computer rather than having to turn out on cold winter nights to sit through training sessions.

I am trying something new in association with childcare.co.uk this month! As most of you know, I write little Information Guides for gold members on the site...

This month I have written a guide about the Information Commissioners Office requirements for registration.

Then I have written a short audit / checklist with a 'certificate of completion' at the end. You can work through the audit, answering the questions and then you can print and fill in an 'in-house training' certificate for your training / CPD file to show Ofsted that you are constantly evaluating and reviewing your provision.

You will also be able to include information about your in-house training in your SEF or personal self evaluation form, linking it to your completion of the audit.

Please let us have feedback - if you find it useful and it is popular I will write some more!

I have just gone and looked at this and I was surprised at what I know but more importantly whatI didnt know or have written down. I have discussed withparetns but not actually noted or written policies for all. Will go and write them now.

Thanks for all the stuff you do, you have helped me out so much with all the wonderful information you give us.