Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    That is interesting but I think I shall stick to one summary at two or as close as and the rest is in my Learning Journal which is where a copy of my 2yr summary will be. I don't want to be doing even more paperwork. I have always been fairy successful identifying developmental concerns even without this new check which to me is just a simple summary of the information I have on the child in their LJ with hopefully some input from the parents recorded as well. It is nothing complicated or difficult and I don't think we need to make it complicated or difficult. Last night we were given a two side A4 sheet by our LA as a suggestion for the way to complete the check, by that I meen to fill in 3 boxes on one side and there is a box on the back to fill in with the parents sign and date. As far as they are concerned this is all we need to do and we do it as close to the date the child is 2, give it to the parents to keep with the child's red book.

If the child is at day nursery or pre-school for more hours than they are with me I don't even need to do it the person they are with for the most hours is the one who will do the report.
    but Ricky its so simple and really highlights any problems. The tool is 3 columns, emergent, expected, exceeding. Use 3 different colours - 1 at 24 months, 1 at 30m and 1 at 36 months - shows progress or problems easily on one chart.

Pauline could I upload our local tool to the downloads section - there are several pages though? Never done it before so might need a mod to talk me through it.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post

Pauline could I upload our local tool to the downloads section - there are several pages though? Never done it before so might need a mod to talk me through it.
    Pauline is the only person who can put things into downloads...

Please send it to her with an explanation if possible and she will pop it in files for you

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Pauline is the only person who can put things into downloads...

Please send it to her with an explanation if possible and she will pop it in files for you
    ok. will do Sarah. Will send them on Thurs on my paperwork day. thanks
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

• Parents, I have found over many years of caring for children, are prone to exaggerating their child’s abilities and successes. So how will you tackle it if a parent says a child can do something and you have never seen them even close to achieving it in your provision?

just for my little bit, as with the old learning journeys I just got the parents to write a P in red ink next to what they thought/seen/know their children could/have achieved, and then explained that I could only highlight it myself if I observed it, so yes I had a lot of P's in my journeys, but only highlighted what I had personally observed x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12