RA's how many???!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    MAY 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy RA's how many???!!!

I have just completed a main/general risk assesment for my home and garden.

Can anyone help with daily ones? Do i need a tick sheet or just mentally go over things (leaves no evidence for OFsted) or a thorough one each day?

Also i know i need one for each day trip place we attend and local park ect..

But do i need:
    car
    Walk to school
    cant think of anything else that would even be a possible?? please let me know if i'm missing anything!!

Thank you

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes do one for car use and one for walking and one for each place you visit. I personally don't do a daily written one but know others do. I just do it mentally first thing in a morning, I have a walk round and pick up all the bits and pieces that my own two have left out the night before and check plug sockets, cupboard locks etc. Ofsted have never asked for evidence and can see my house is safe when they visit.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a file of risk assessments - I think they duplicate when I am not looking

There are some good examples on the south Glos site

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonl.../CYP090022.pdf

Penny1959 Guest

I have a laminated sheet on my pantry door - it details the things I check each morning. However I do not fill in a sheet to say I have done them - I just record in my diary if something a risk or not done. So if did not have time to mop floor I record that, if DH leaves DIY tools in house I record that.

When DD4 was living at home nearly every day I was recording that she had left her straightners plug in and on landing next to bathroommindees use. Glad she has moved out - far less to record now

I also have a car one, a walking one and one for each of the type of places that I visit, so parks, private houses, toddler groups - I don't have a school one or a shop one because the children are under my constant supervision and so it is just the journey there which is walk or car one.

Penny

Oct, 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=sarah707;995058]I have a file of risk assessments - I think they duplicate when I am not looking

There are some good examples on the south Glos site

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdonl.../CYP090022.pdf[/QUOTE

Found this really useful
    thanks for sharing

Carol x