Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: garden fences

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default garden fences

I have quite low fences in the garden. It was pointed out at my last inspection and was told to include it in my risk assessment. Not sure what to put. Any ideas? No spare cash to get new fences

Sharon x

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All you need to do is Risk Assess how the low fences may impact on the mindees safety.

Are the fences along side a pavement? If so could a stranger climb in? Could a child climb out?

Have the next door neighbour got a dog who could jump over? Could the mindees escape over the fence into neighbours gardens. Do the neighbours have a pond or swimming pool?

Penny1959 Guest

Agree with Rickysmiths - if there is a risk just say you will always supervise closely by being in the garden at the same time as the children.

Penny