Worried of West Sussex
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worried of West Sussex

Can anyone please help me. I am pre reg and having my inspection visit in 3 days time. The Inspector tells me that I need to show her my record of risk assessment for my home indoors and out. Im not sure what type of format she wants this. Does she want a typed form to show each room and whats checks I would make daily before the children arrive.
    Do I also have to show risk assessements at this stage for any trips to the park, library etc that I might make.
    Please help.

Penny1959 Guest

Hello

At pre reg stage the inspector just wants to know that you have thought about the risks in your home and garden - and what you intend to do -once you are registered - to keep the children safe.

Therefore it can be written or can be in your head = only problem within your head is you might forget to mention something

You could use a format provided by someone else or you could do your own - or you could just go through the house and garden and jot down the risk and what you will do about it - don't forget that different stage of development have different risks!

Of course you can do some of the other risk assessments - but not needed for pre reg - what is helpful is a list of the risk assessments you think you will need.

Hope that helps

Penny

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a home and garden RA where I have listed all the things I check indoors and outside in the morning before any children arrive.
    Things like-
    Fire Safety- Blanket/ extinguishers sited appropriately, Access and exits clear and keysstored correctly, back gate unlocked but bolted from inside, Electrical equipment, smoke alarms, fire guards
    Health and Hygiene checks- toilets/potties,kitchen( clean, clear, fridge/freezer temps),individual clean towels out, soap,bins,first aid box,toys
    Equipment- safety gates,plug sockets, toys, highchairs and harnesses,
    Stuff locked away/secured-COSHH,tools,knives,matches/lighters,check cupboard locks.
    Outdoor checks-Animal poo,water,play equipment,sheds locked, boundaries secure, doors finger guarded,

All our homes are different so add risks relevant to your home, could be steps, slippery decking,furniture, flooring etc,
    I have laminated and stuck on my cupboard so can see it daily. I don't do a tick list but note any hazzards I find in my diary for action.
    It's good to have it written down so you can show you have thoroughly risk assessed your setting therefore fulfilling the Welfare requirements of the EYFS,
    If you have RA's for outings, show the inspector but I,m not sure you need these for pre-reg.
    Heck, that was a long reply but HTH
    Carol xx

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karen lock View Post
    Can anyone please help me. I am pre reg and having my inspection visit in 3 days time. The Inspector tells me that I need to show her my record of risk assessment for my home indoors and out. Im not sure what type of format she wants this. Does she want a typed form to show each room and whats checks I would make daily before the children arrive.
    Do I also have to show risk assessements at this stage for any trips to the park, library etc that I might make.
    Please help.
    i can't upload mine to show you. whats your email and i'll send you a unfilled in mock up. I'm on the East/west sussex border and had Alison who was great and very helpful.
    send your email address to my inbox not on the forum page xxx Kelly

ps 3 days time?! not a long time!