Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recording near misses

flippin heck carol....to get to that stage they wouldve had to go through at least 4 sets of checks!!!

glad you are ok

mandy xxxxxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was a nightmare. Everyone blaming others from secretary who wrote pre-op notes up to consultant, all I know is that I was unable to move either side for longer than should have and after swelling of calf and d-dimer test they sent me home only to be in agony and 3 weeks later after calling dr. was diagnosed with DVT. TOTAL C..K UP!
    Still very angry.
    Presume from grovelling apology letter from top doc they have done new Risk Assessment and it won't happen again !
    Carol

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

MADNESS. Im all for keeping the children as safe as possible. This however is probably gone a bit too far as I struggle to find the time as it is to keep up with paperwork. I logged on today ( My day off and Im doing paperwork) as I need to update my Risk Assesments.
    If I had to complete all the near misses, I may be doing paperwork all day long on some days. I really do feel that we are being bogged down with even more paperwork. Do they forget that we are actually looking after the children and that may involve, spending our days caring, going out on visits/outings and playing with the children.??
    We all have RA in place so surely as other people have said the risks should be covered in there.

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Life is full of near misses & what ifs and we cant abolish them but we learn from them it doesn't mean we have to record them - the fact that they are near misses and not actual accidents either minor, serious or fatal is because we are competent adults who have learned through growing up all children love running and throwing and as adults we are aware of that and watch for that all the time and we decide for the children when its safe for them to run and throw then we teach them. That is what risk assessing is all about most near misses are so minor its not worth thinking about e.g. seeing a child about to throw some sand.

I was on the very same risk assessment training the other week and they did also say it was OK for us to teach the children not to do things and/or touch things and record that as our control.

I agree with how this can be useful in a large setting with lots of young in experienced girls often doing NVQ L2 left to their own devices - they shouldn't be left alone but they are and often when they aren't they are with other young inexperienced girls straight out of college who have just scraped a level 3 qualification Yes, these girls should take note of what could have happened and how best to avert it but surely age and experience should be recognised and respected.

If they ask for this can someone please stop the world and let me hop off - that will be the straw to break the camels back.
    Celest

june 90
    Post Thanks / Like

My last inspection, lo ran to the door and fell just missing his head on the skirting board, inspector said that is a incident, lucky for me I had an incident book, but don't agree with it because he didn't get hurt. how much paper work are we supposed to do its never ending

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted inspectors have their own vocabulary though! The 1cm scratch on my mindees chest was an injury according to my ofsted inspector
    Grindal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12