Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A bit confused about moving home risk assessments

Hopefully we are moving within the next few weeks, the house is occupied at the moment and I have already been around seeing what needs to be done with regard to childminding. It is immaculate, yet old-fashioned and a lot of potential.

I am not sure how to put it in writing to Ofsted as I won't know everything until I get there, yet I want to be up and running very quick. Somethings can't obviously be done straight away, eg some of the garden needs clearing a bit, lots of shrubs - do I say that no children allowed in garden until it is done and list that it is going to be done? Do I send risk assessments of what I have seen so far and then send another risk assessment in when I am there. Appreciate any help at all! Can anyone give me any examples of moving house risk assessments. THANK YOU!

Thanks
    Clorogue

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A bit confused about moving home risk assessments

Hi fiingers crossed the move goes well for you.

We have recently moved and I just did a basic risk assessment for the things I could think of like flooring, windows, doors/keys to hand if needed in emergency, gates on stairs etc but Ofsted made an appointment to come round anyway as soon as I wanted them to and they were really good and understood we were still unpacking and I just told them what I was planning if something wasnt set up so I wouldnt worry too much about missing things on the risk assessment

I had my certificate within 2 days after they came out aswell

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A bit confused about moving home risk assessments

Quote Originally Posted by topchick_dav View Post
    Hi fiingers crossed the move goes well for you.

We have recently moved and I just did a basic risk assessment for the things I could think of like flooring, windows, doors/keys to hand if needed in emergency, gates on stairs etc but Ofsted made an appointment to come round anyway as soon as I wanted them to and they were really good and understood we were still unpacking and I just told them what I was planning if something wasnt set up so I wouldnt worry too much about missing things on the risk assessment

I had my certificate within 2 days after they came out aswell
    Thank you so very very much, appreciate it. You are the first I have heard of of Ofsted actually coming out - interesting. Thanks again!
    Clorogue