Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Emergency back up

Hi Everyone

I am putting Emergency procedure policy together but am stuck for back up any Childminders in Rainham Kent willing to be my back up in a emergency can use my hubby but he is only around till 4pm each day Helpppppppppppppp.

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a trusted friend close by that could put down? In a true emergency you can only do the best you can but at least you've thought about what you'd do. I have my partner and best friend, neither or whom are childminders down, as at the time it was written didn't know any other childminders. (I must review it now)

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diana67 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am putting Emergency procedure policy together but am stuck for back up any Childminders in Rainham Kent willing to be my back up in a emergency can use my hubby but he is only around till 4pm each day Helpppppppppppppp.
    Do you have any childminding groups in your area? Sometimes we can work together to help each other.

I registered my DH as my assistant purely to help out when he was at home, now that he has his first aid certificate, OFSTED have made a note of it on my certificate & I've also had him added to my public liability insurance as an employee he's good to go!

I have named him as my ICE contact & also have my parents permission for him to look after the children in the event of an emergency. I also included this in my accident/illness policy which the parents signed.

If not your hubby do you have a friend or family member that might be able to help out?

Totally green in the expenses stakes not too sure if you can claim the cost of the first aid course as expenses, guessing not! lol

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Helpppppppppppppppppp I only got my hubby as emergency back up at the momment would that be enough for Ofsted untill I get to know other childminders if I ever get a mindie.

Diana

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i moved last april, but only started minding again over the summer, and until a few weeks ago, i only had DH as my emergency contact! luckily he works down the road!

my DO said that was fine.

i have now made some friends and have asked them to also be emergency back up for me but keeping DH!. plus also added a girl in DH office, (babysits for us) as she is always in the office during the week! ( unlike everyone else who either has meetings, or works part time etc, or might be away/shopping etc )
    edited to say, that my other emergency back ups - one is a preschool teacher, another a nanny, but the other is 'just a mum' but i trust them and as far as i'm concerned thats what counts, rather than the fact they are a childminder.