Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default variation with assistant

HI,
    I thinking of getting my DS or my DH to be an assistant to so I can increase my numbers. Looking at the variation form I get the impression that I have to have children already in mind to do this as it wants their details.
    Can I not just ask for a variation before hand and, ofsted tell me how many more children we can have and then get a new reg certificate ? so I'll be ready for if/when we do get more children ?
    Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

With an assistant your numbers can be doubled (providing you have the space). This isn't a variation its just your minding numbers with an assistant. For example by myself I can have 3 under 5s - with my assistant we can have 6 - on some days we have a variation to have 7 as a child has changed their hours.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks. Last itme I spoke to ofsted they said my husband was already down as an assistant, I take it thats from when he filled his crb and stuff in when I got registered, so if I were to phone them and tell them I want to increase my numbers whilst working with him ,would take it from there, or is there a form I need to fill in ? I'm assuming they would do a visit first too. sorry for all the questions !!

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a look online as they will direct you to a form to complete

Also have a look at your certificate and see what it says about "when working with an assistant" .....
    Debbie