Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much do you pay assistant

Hiya,

My sister is registered as my assistant just as a back up in case I ever needed her and for the very rare occasion when I needed her to stay withy daughter and son. Any who now she's just had a baby so isn't working and I am really busy to the point of not really coping so wanted to pay my sister to help me in a more formal capacity.

How much should I pay her? What do you pay your assistant she will be self employed.

Thanks

Memina

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know my friend just pays her assistant the minimum wage and she doesn't pay for sickness or holidays.

Linda.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay mine £6hr but she brings her own DD too so is effectively taking up a space herself! Dont forget to inform Ofsted that she has had a baby because they will take the baby off the numbers on your certificate (if you are in England that is).

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to sit down with your books and do some proper working out.

Look at how much you are earning for the hours you want help with and how much you currently spend on food, drink, resources, heating etc during those hours.

When you have done your books you will see your profit - that's currently your income and you will be paying someone else out of that money.

make sure that you are still in profit for the hours you are paying someone - if you are not then you might be better letting a child go.

Hth

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I also just point out that if your sister is on Maternity leave and claiming maternity pay then by 'employing her' (as in paying her officially) she would be breaking the law. May be better to ask for help without paying her and then offer to pay her credit card bill as a sisterly favour iykwim.
    Blessed Be!

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thank you so much for your input. My sister left her job to retrain just before she found out she was pregnant. She trained to be a personal trainer right up to when she was 8 months pregnant. And now she is training to get back in shape. My mornings are quiet at the moment but then I have nursery run and school run which means its all a bit hectic and my dd starts preschool soon so another pick-up. I might suggest I look after her baby in the morning while she goes gym for free and in rerun she picks up my dd and my ds as her ds goes to same school?

Dh usually helps out but he's now feeling better (after a year of depression) and is considering getting another job. I'm not actually over my numbers just the coming and going I don't like! As the weather gets better it should settle down

Thanks

M