Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Your certificate state the total number of MINDED children you can care for, your children are not included to prevent people doing what you have suggested
    It looks like I've got this all wrong then.

So if I had an 8 month old baby of my own and 2 year old twins of my own my certificate would say "No children in the early years"

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post

So if I had an 8 month old baby of my own and 2 year old twins of my own my certificate would say "No children in the early years"
    Yes that is right - you could only have 3 under 8 but 0 in the early age group.

This is why people register their other halves as assistants so if they are around then numbers can go up
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post

Yes that is right.

Many years ago certificates would say how many children you could have, including your own, but people would then send their own children to grandparents or friends. The new certificates were designed to prevent that by stating how many minded children you could have at any one time.
    Pauline x

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Yes that is right - you could only have 3 under 8 but 0 in the early age group.

This is why people register their other halves as assistants so if they are around then numbers can go up
    Ohhhhh! thanks for putting me straight chatterbox.

I suppose I got the wrong end of the stick because we don't have any young children now, so both mine and my wife's certificate says max 6 of which 3 early years of which 1 under 1 and I thought that all childminders had that on their certificates.

Thanks again.

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my hubby as my assistant but it hasn't really worked as he takes our dd2 to nursery and picks her up and Ofsted said if I took on another child then we would all have to go to nursery to take and pick my daugther up, so it is not worth me doing it as I don't want to drag the little ones out. I am only registered for 2 in the EY as we have our dd2.

I wanted to do this so hubby was responsible for our dd2 but Ofsted said no not allowed, seems silly really as I am not responsible for her at all hubby is but Ofsted would not have it.

It only took a week to have my certificate changed.
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say Lorraine that seems very unfair to you and your husband! I'm so confused about this whole thing!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Had ofsted visit me yesterday re my variation and my certificate will still be registered to care for 4 children 2 of which are in the early years group but with an additional sentence of 'can care for 6 children, 3 of which are in the early years group when working with an assistant'
    She said I need to wait for my amended certificate to arrive before starting otherwise my insurance wasn't valid. That's fine - it was not an urgent request. I guess I had a visit as I have not yet had my first inspection.
    she was only there for about 20 minutes and only wanted to know about children on my roll, whether hubby had first aid, that I would need to consider how I would cope on an outing (won't be able to do big outings my cars not big enough anyway) she also went through things like making sure to record him as my assistant on the days he was my assistant in case there was any question by anyone of me going over my numbers. She was really nice and the same lady I had for my pre-reg. I am hoping I get her for my inspection. She said at the end 'any questions?' and I said I suppose I am not allowed to ask for any tips for my Inspection? and she just said make sure I carry on with any planned activities I have for the day with the children so they can see it and make sure all my paperwork is accessible. She also indicated that it might not be her that comes back for it - I think there are 2 or 3 of them that do our area!

Anyway just thought I'd let you know the process was quite quick despite having a visit too. Not sure how long it will take for my certificate to turn up though!

Good luck to everyone else looking to get hubby as an assistant !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12