Does an assistant need to be a specific person?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does an assistant need to be a specific person?

I might need an assistant for one morning a week from February. I'm looking at the options and wondering how to go about it.

If I wanted to apply to Ofsted to allow me to have 5 in the EY age range, would I have to apply with a specific assistant in mind, or can I just get permission to work with a CRB checked person?

Within our cm group we have several minders who use assistants. Could I use one of these if they were available, or would I have to get them all approved as working as an assistant with me (does that make sense?)

I'm guessing that nurseries don't have to get each individual worker approved by Ofsted (other than a CRB), but do we have to?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes when you apply for an assistant they need to be named and a new crb check will be done even if they've already been checked. You can have more than one assistant registered with you though.

Penny1959 Guest

You will have to notify Ofsted about all the people you want to have as assistants. If they are not recored by name with Ofsted they can not be your assistant - even though your certificate will just say 'When working with an assitant ....' and they will not be named on the certificate

This Ofsted factsheet should help

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/f...ing-assistants

Penny