Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 assistants at the same time...

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone knows off the top of their heads where I would stand with this. I have two registered assistants, a full time one who is here Mon - Fri from 7.30 til 5.30, plus my husband who is registered 'just in case'.

If the 6 under 5's we mind are all asleep and I want to leave them sleeping while I pick up from school, would I be able to if both assistants were here? My full time assistant has her paediatric first aid qualification, and although my husband doesn't have that specifically, he is a qualified first aid instructor.

Thanks for advice in advance

Aug '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say, I have written permission from parents for both assistants, and my certificate states that I can leave the children with an assistant.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need a variation from Ofsted to allow an assistant to be alone with children (with you off the premises).

Also your second assistant will need to have done a 12 hour paed first aid course regardless of his current qualification.

Hth

Aug '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I have the condition in place that I can leave the children with an assistant as long as we are within our ratios. but can I leave 6 of them with two assistants so the ratios are still ok? And I thought there only had to be one person with paed first aid training on the premises, don't assistants only need it if they're going to be left alone with children? In which case would hubby still need to do it since my other assistant who has done it will always be here with him?

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hubby only needs it if been left alone with children and he wont be, i have just asked ofsted this question...
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Aug '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Babs