Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DH going for it!

Well, DH has decided it def wants to do it with me, so I am now advertising the spaces! Ofsted have said we can have 8 under 8, of which no more than 4 under 5 & only 2 under 1!!

This includes our own 2. Not sure why we can't have 10 under 8 plus our own 2 - but hey, still a big chunk of money!!

I've just updated my spaces on *****, stating I work with hubby, and have e-mailed CIS to get them to update on 'other info'

I've actually just had an e-mail enquiry for twins one day a week! I've e-mailed back saying depending on age & day required, and said DH would have to 'work from home' one day a week, in order to do it. He's not going to give up completely for 1 day's work - but hey - it's a start!

Fingers crossed! (Plus I've e-mailed Pauline about getting a FANTASTIC website done!!)

Kelly x

Oooohhh - they've just e-mailed me back whist writing this. 15 mths old, Weds from now, then Thurs from May! It's all up to DH now!!!

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DH going for it!

Oh that brilliant news! well done to hubby and well done for getting the new mindee!!!

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats great news! Hope it all goes well.
    Fiona xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news.

Jules

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations hope it all works out well

miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like it's all coming together for you! Good luck!

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great - hope it works out

Emler x

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

fantastic well done for getting the spaces filled so quickly (hopefully)

is hubby your assistant or a registered childminder in his own right

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

He's going to be my assistant. I spoke to ofsted about the difference, and they said they only thing was I would need to get written permission from the parents they are happy for their children to be left in his sole care. He's not automatically on the contract. But I feel if they weren't happy with him, then they wouldn't leave their kids with me in the first place!

Once we get going, he'll probably go on the icp course, and get registered, but we'll see how it goes.

Plus, I've spoke to my friend who's an accountant, and she said, if he registers as self employed, then invoices me each month, what I pay him as a 'contractor', can be deducted from my tax bill.

Kelly x

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

only asked because my hubby is my assistant too and when i called ofsted about whether it made any difference to him being registered or being my assistant they only said that it depends on space how many children we could still care for

i wasn't entirely sure that as an assistant he would be allowed his own children

or is another of ofsted's it depends who you ask as to what answer you get xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    only asked because my hubby is my assistant too and when i called ofsted about whether it made any difference to him being registered or being my assistant they only said that it depends on space how many children we could still care for

i wasn't entirely sure that as an assistant he would be allowed his own children

or is another of ofsted's it depends who you ask as to what answer you get xx
    They are not technically his own children, they are your responsibility, even though you are allowed more when using an assistant. If, for instance you were ill in hospital, he wouldn't be able to care for any of the children on his own as an assistant. If he were registered in his own right then he would.

Does that makes sense?
    Pauline x

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    They are not technically his own children, they are your responsibility, even though you are allowed more when using an assistant. If, for instance you were ill in hospital, he wouldn't be able to care for any of the children on his own as an assistant. If he were registered in his own right then he would.

Does that makes sense?
    Yep!! My dh is registered so if I have had enough he can look after them on his own for a day I usually pick fridays to run away when I have 6 mindees and my 3!! I find it makes him appreciate what I do

amanda xx

Apr 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kelly
    Do you need planning permission to care for that many children. I am interested as I am thinking of doing the same thing myself with my daughter helping me.... Jane xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by mum2two View Post
    Well, DH has decided it def wants to do it with me, so I am now advertising the spaces! Ofsted have said we can have 8 under 8, of which no more than 4 under 5 & only 2 under 1!!

This includes our own 2. Not sure why we can't have 10 under 8 plus our own 2 - but hey, still a big chunk of money!!

I've just updated my spaces on *****, stating I work with hubby, and have e-mailed CIS to get them to update on 'other info'

I've actually just had an e-mail enquiry for twins one day a week! I've e-mailed back saying depending on age & day required, and said DH would have to 'work from home' one day a week, in order to do it. He's not going to give up completely for 1 day's work - but hey - it's a start!

Fingers crossed! (Plus I've e-mailed Pauline about getting a FANTASTIC website done!!)

Kelly x

Oooohhh - they've just e-mailed me back whist writing this. 15 mths old, Weds from now, then Thurs from May! It's all up to DH now!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janes Juniors View Post
    Do you need planning permission to care for that many children. I am interested as I am thinking of doing the same thing myself with my daughter helping me.... Jane xxxx
    It depends on your local council, some say you do some say you don't!
    Pauline x

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

omg i think i would kill my other half if he was here all day
    the days he has off now drive me mad
    he did suggest that he might like to give up work and become my assistant i told him no way EVER EVER
    foxy

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foxy lady View Post
    omg i think i would kill my other half if he was here all day
    the days he has off now drive me mad
    he did suggest that he might like to give up work and become my assistant i told him no way EVER EVER
    Don't suppose it works for everyone!!

Graham and I think it's one of the best things we've ever done and would have done it years ago knowing what we know now!
    Pauline x

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I work full time with my hubby too. We have worked together for just over 2 years now and like Pauline, we think it is the best thing we have done and wish we had have been braver and done it sooner.
    Hubby used to be my assistant but is now fully registered himself. Didn't know about the contractors thing though, will have a look into that one
    Amaranth xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Hubby used to be my assistant but is now fully registered himself. Didn't know about the contractors thing though, will have a look into that one
    If he is registered in his own right then he wil submit is own tax return won't he for his own childminding business? Therefore you won't be able to put his fees down on your own tax return. If you see what I mean.
    Pauline x

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you're right Pauline. I was very tired last night. You will have to excuse me
    Amaranth xx