Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: assistants in sole charge

if my over 5 numbers doubled as well as under 5s why cant the assistant be left in charge that was the reason i registered her and ofsted are aware of this as i have two school collections she does on i do the other

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Yes we know that, but some certificates are specifying that it only applies to children on the Early Years Register and some are not specifying anything. These certificates have been issued SINCE EYFS came into force on 1/9/08 and it is that discrepancy that is leading to all the confusion!
    It's probably just a case that some inspectors haven't started to add the registers in brackets on the certificate conditions, I've seen a few that contain each register in brackets on every line of the cert. Just sounds like some inspectors are possibly unaware of the CCR's legal requirements

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloggs View Post
    It's probably just a case that some inspectors haven't started to add the registers in brackets on the certificate conditions, I've seen a few that contain each register in brackets on every line of the cert. Just sounds like some inspectors are possibly unaware of the CCR's legal requirements
    So who will be in the wrong then if we get pulled up? - us or the inspector.
    Annie x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had numerous calls with Ofsted regarding this and the information I received states:

Under EYFS children of the Early Years Register *until 31st August after they are 5" can be looked after by an assistant and in sole charge of the assistant if they have a paediatric first aid certificate

Children on the voluntary/compulsory register can not be looked after by an assistant unless they are 18 years of age. This rule was set by the DCSF and i am currently awaiting a call from a Department Manager to clarify why it has all been written for Nursery/After Schools and childminders have gone by the wayside - again
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post

Children on the voluntary/compulsory register can not be looked after by an assistant unless they are 18 years of age.
    Which one? The assistant or the 'child' has to be 18 years of age?
    Pauline x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12