HELP ON PROCESS OF EMPLOYING A CLEANER
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP ON PROCESS OF EMPLOYING A CLEANER

HI ALL
    CAN ANYONE POINT ME OUT ON THE PROCESS OF EMPLOYING A CLEANER (ON PART TIME BASIS) AT MY PREMISES WHICH I USE FOR MY CHILDMINDING AND HOW TO SET UP THEIR WAGES ,PAY THEIR TAXES INCLUDING INSURANCE NUMBERS ETC.....
    WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IF I CAN HAVE A GUIDE OR PROCESS THAT I CAN FOLLOW TO GET IT DONE.(I LIVE IN SCOTLAND)

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

BIM52751 - Business Income Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

You do not employ a cleaner, surely? You just buy their service for a few hours a week? Like a window cleaner or a gardener etc. If, and how much, you can claim as childminding expenses depends... see link above.
    I do not use a cleaner, but someone else might be able to reply with personal experience.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As moggy said above, you don't generally employ a cleaner, they're normally self employed so are responsible for their own tax and insurance.

If you are wanting to claim some of the expense for a cleaner in your accounts, then you will need a receipt from them.

4. Likes Dragonfly liked this post