Thread: husband advice

Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool husband advice

Ok i confused a little & my la has now changed & said noone can advise me so though i ask here.
    Ok when i reg & set up 5 yr ago i had a health check, dbs & filled in an ey2 form for my husband at the time. As i was told i had to. Then due to advice from la in aug if i wanted him to come on outings & just b another set eyes when out or left with a child for 10 mins while i dealing or with another child outside he needed safe guarding & first aid full which he has just compleated the 2 course.
    So do i now tell ofsted ? Do i email them ? What best as he self employed for over 7 yrs other job & we thinking if a childs mum rings me to ask i collect from school as they late ( this has happened alot which till now i always said no if hed my 6 under 8 but would like say yes as husband with me & i think he has all i need but what to b sure i done it all right. ????? Is it the normal address i contact ofsted on etc any advice b great.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is going to be classed as your assistant then you will have to let Ofsted know....I am guessing that at the moment he is listed as an adult who lives at your house not as an assistant ?
    Pixie Dust

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Form EY2 is the form for assistants and those living at your house- so it depends what you ticked in Section B:
    EY2 Form

Best ask Ofsted what they have him down as, and get it in writing (email) if possible!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he registered as your assistant? Wondered as you said the la said he needed safeguarding and first aid to be left with a child for 10 mins, and you can only do that if the person is your registered assistant

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchlings View Post
    ... if i wanted him to come on outings & just b another set eyes when out or left with a child for 10 mins while i dealing or with another child outside ....
    Sorry, reading again... That list of things can be done by any adult in your household without being your assistant- as long as you are within sight or hearing at all times.
    Anyone can come on outings with us- a friend, a partner, your mum etc., just as if you had bumped into someone while being out, or all the other people we meet when out.. BUT you can't leave them unsupervised (out of hearing/sight)
    If I am dealing with a child in the house it is fine for the other mindees to be in garden with husband as long as I can still see or hear at all times- so door open etc.
    It is only when the husband or whoever is in sole charge of the mindees that they need to be registered as assistant and have first aid and safeguarding and follow EYFS requirements.
    Of course there is no need for husband to have first aid if you are there on the premises! You are the first aider and you are right there! No need for husband to have safeguarding as you are the safeguarding trained person and you are right there and listening and watching all the time.