Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you co mind?

Hi :-)

I work closely with another childminder who is at my house most days anyway and we are thinking about co minding- just wondered does anyone do this and how does it work!?
    It would be at my house and I'm thinking she'd have 2 children with her and I'd have 4 with me - which gives us 6 - how do people work it out financially and with contracts

Any advise would be great fully recieved!
    Thank you xx

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by S Stars View Post
    Hi :-)

I work closely with another childminder who is at my house most days anyway and we are thinking about co minding- just wondered does anyone do this and how does it work!?
    It would be at my house and I'm thinking she'd have 2 children with her and I'd have 4 with me - which gives us 6 - how do people work it out financially and with contracts

Any advise would be great fully recieved!
    Thank you xx
    Hope you have found how to do co-minding as your question was posted a while back.
    Co-minding can work very well but make sure you have all the financial details in place and it is based on a professional agreement with your co-minder.

You can co-mind from whichever house you have decided but need to work out the expenses that go with that.
    How you share the food, other expenses and how to claim your Tax free allowances etc etc.

Also your co-minder can be responsible for recruiting her own children and you recruit yours
    If this is what you decide then she is self employed but working alongside you, not paid by you and responsible for her own tax affairs and financial matters.`
    Work out when to close for holidays and how to cover for sickness.

Good luck !

Post Thanks / Like

I am also very interested in hearing from childminders who successfully co-mind. There just does not seem to be much if any information around about how it works best. If I work in another minder's home is it best to give a % of my earnings. What would be fair, to make it successful.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blue03water View Post
    I am also very interested in hearing from childminders who successfully co-mind. There just does not seem to be much if any information around about how it works best. If I work in another minder's home is it best to give a % of my earnings. What would be fair, to make it successful.
    A co-minder is usually a cm who is still self employed so you work out and divide the expenses of running whichever setting you operate from.
    A co-minder is able to recruit her own children while working with another cm and she is not waged like an assistant would be so responsible for her tax, NI and pension provision.
    What gets divided is the expenses incurred by the setting such as food...the co-minders should have separate accounts

There are cases of co-minding and many more will come up as the Childcare Measures come into force in 2016.
    It would be advisable to approach an accountant to get the financial details sorted and take advantage of the allowances each cm can claim.

I have both employed a cm and co-minded...the latter was best for all concerned.

5. Likes Dorothywilliams liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Co Childminding

l am looking into co childminding does any one have any advice? on agreements for work for co childminders or assistants, any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

july 17
    Post Thanks / Like

how do you work out how much the co-childminder would have to pay you towards bills, food etc for being in your setting?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I co-childmind with my husband - we share paperwork and do everything together.

He works to his strengths and me to mine.

We had a joint inspection - 8 hours in total - we have 2 grades and 2 inspection reports