Quote Originally Posted by blue03water View Post
I am also very interested in hearing from childminders who successfully co-mind. There just does not seem to be much if any information around about how it works best. If I work in another minder's home is it best to give a % of my earnings. What would be fair, to make it successful.
A co-minder is usually a cm who is still self employed so you work out and divide the expenses of running whichever setting you operate from.
A co-minder is able to recruit her own children while working with another cm and she is not waged like an assistant would be so responsible for her tax, NI and pension provision.
What gets divided is the expenses incurred by the setting such as food...the co-minders should have separate accounts

There are cases of co-minding and many more will come up as the Childcare Measures come into force in 2016.
It would be advisable to approach an accountant to get the financial details sorted and take advantage of the allowances each cm can claim.

I have both employed a cm and co-minded...the latter was best for all concerned.