Where do I start with registering an assistant?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do I start with registering an assistant?

The other half and I have been talking about the possibility of him registering as an assistant.

Not so much so that I can increase my numbers (as I think having to be in control of 6 children at any one time is plenty enough) but more along the lines of it being useful to have an extra pair of hands occasionally.

We run a business from home which involves him having to go out and visit customers, but more often than not he is here (as we have another engineer on board who works out of his own home and he tends to do most of the calls that come in.) I wouldn't be able to take on extra numbers anyway as he quite often doesn't know if he's going to be home or out and about until late in the afternoon the day before and there's no way I'd be able to plan numbers around that sort of schedule.

But, I was thinking that if he was at home he would be a useful extra pair or hands, or I might feel less apprehensive about getting out and about if I had another grown-up who could come along too.

What does he need to do to register as my assistant?

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where do I start with registering an assistant?

I rang Ofsted and they told me hubby had already been registered at my inspection but it wasnt on my certificate. I had to put in writing that I wanted it on my certificate and I got a new one within a week.

From what I understand you have to fill in a CM2 form and send it with a covering letter to Ofsted and then you will get a new cert stating what an assistant is allowed to do.
    Annie x

JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely said

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Do I have to fill in a new CM2 form for him? I've only sent my CM1 and both of our original CM2s off to ofsted in the last couple of weeks.

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest ringing Ofsted in that case - you may not have to do it again.
    Annie x