Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JAN96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Assistant Paperwork

I am registering my Mum to work with me and wondered if anyone had any links to assistant paperwork or would be happy to share any that they use. I am looking for some type of contact of employment, job description and any other relevant paperwork that an emplyer would give their assistant as this is all so new to me. After all it is also my Mum so she will noty want any paid holidays, sick pay, maternity pay so really just want to make sure I am covering the legal side of paperwork. Aldo please can someone tell me once and for all - can they be self employed or do they have to be 'employed'/ There are many conflicting answers on this forum and I just need to know whats correct! Thanks all x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Paperwork is available on the internet - I sell it in one of my e-books as well.

I suggest you contact HMRC about your individual circumstances and follow their advice.

Hth

Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, I'm looking for the paperwork too and should have checked for an e-book!

Just placed an order and hope it will be just what I need to get everything in place, have so much going on that I just haven't had the time to search the net, but know that now I'll have expert advice to refer to.

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah's Ebooks is so helpful and has everything u will need for an assistant to start with plus their continual development

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brooks7466 View Post
    I am registering my Mum to work with me and wondered if anyone had any links to assistant paperwork or would be happy to share any that they use. I am looking for some type of contact of employment, job description and any other relevant paperwork that an emplyer would give their assistant as this is all so new to me. After all it is also my Mum so she will noty want any paid holidays, sick pay, maternity pay so really just want to make sure I am covering the legal side of paperwork. Aldo please can someone tell me once and for all - can they be self employed or do they have to be 'employed'/ There are many conflicting answers on this forum and I just need to know whats correct! Thanks all x
    She can be self employed. A self employed person is someone who does work for more than one person. I.E Child minder can be, a full time live in nanny can not be. In theory she could set herself up or call herself something like.. "Any odd job services" the fact she only has you as a client( at the moment) She may never find another client, if you see what I mean!! My assistant is self employed, she is" Sarah services" with only one client "me" but could if she wishes take on other work, bar work or nanny job the odd day etc. One is allowed to earn £10,000 with out paying tax and if your mother is self employed she will have her own expense she can claim for. She will also have to inform the NIC. My ironing lady is self employed, she earns very little but never the less earns money so has to do a tax return. Good luck