More assistants or variation??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 96
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More assistants or variation??

I am registered to have 6 under school age & 12 under 8 while working with an assistant. I already have one assistant working 3 days each week and have a supply assistant already CRBd and Ofsted approved to cover holiday and sickness etc. I have the option of having 8 under school age on 1 day and I wondered if I had to notify or ask Ofsted for permission to have 2 assistants working at once? Or now that the variations are upto us and the 2 extra children are siblings/babies of existing children can I just apply a variation to both of us giving us 4 each?

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there

I am interested to know this as well, as I am taking on two apprentices from Sept and want to know what I can increase my numbers to, Ofsted said when I emailed them, that its up to me and down to the space in my (new house moving in 4 weeks hopefully) house (we will have a much bigger house and more space.)