Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assistant

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Assistant

I think the only time we have to worry is when Ofsted install cameras in our homes.

I have always been full all the time i have been minding and i think it is because the childre become part of my family. My whole house is registered and i am also registered for overnight care. So that it we are all one unit, i have children long term and their siblings. My families mix outside of my setting. It is a really good relationship on all sides. The children have all grown up together.

I think if your are starting to mind now Ofsted can put the fear of god into you. Where if you have been minding for a while you know what is normal for most minders. As long as the parents and children are happy you can give the little tiny rules lip service and then get on with your job.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Or you could use common sense (sorry just so fed up of it all at the moment). I frequently have my hubby at home he works shifts and often have mum up now due to circumstances.

Hubby is now a Childminder in own right but not insured yet and mum has no CRB but I am sorry (and hope we have no Ofsted spies here) but and please feel free to yell at me and tell me I am in the wrong but I actually leave children playing quite happily in a room with two adults they know and love to bits while I pop into the kitchen or go to the loo and they are probably safer with them then being left on their own in a room with no adult or the Ofsted inspector or an adult with enhanced CRB check they have never met and that I don't know.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't leave them with just anyone or a complete stranger.

Oh and just to add fuel to the fire so to speak when I had my inspection both mum and Gary were here and when I was asked to show inspector around so okay will just fetch the children (being a good childmidner) and her words were you may as well leave them in the garden with your hubby and mum as they are obviously fine!!!!!
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that the person Emma spoke to at Ofsted has got it wrong. The world of childminding has gone mad if you can't leave a child for a minute with someone they know and love, who has been CRB checked and is no threat! and to say that your hubby can't join in activities has got to be the most stupid thing I've ever heard!

Bet if someone else phoned up tomorrow they would be told differently!
    Pauline x

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree this is madness.

If my mum was here and i needed a wee, i am not dragging 3 under 5s to loo with me if they are happy playing and she can watch them and no she is not registered or crb checked but she managed to bring me up ok

What is the world coming to?
    Lou xx

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I would leave my husband with them in a shot. For gods sake he is a dad of 3 boys what the hell could he do wrong. He was off last week on new mindees second day. He took one look at Dave and burst into tears when he arrived. Ten minutes later he had persuaded Dave to lie on the floor and build the train track whilst running a tractor over his head I must admit though at an inspection a few years ago I was minding my niece. My brother (her uncle) was in the garden and when I went upstairs to show the bathroom to the inspector she mentioned she was not happy about me leaving her in the garden with him. She didnt realise that she was my niece and the only mindee I had there that day but once I told her it was fine.
    Annie x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yer there are some normal sensible people out there.

Its a home from home we provide and all the laughter and tears that go with it. I dont want to be like an antiseptic nursery fraught with peril around every corner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12