Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Temporary assistant for maternity leave

Hello everyone,

I have just found out I am pregnant with our second child. I work full time with an assistant who is just about to start registering as a full childminder herself. The plan is for her to hire an assistant to work with from my house (she is in shared accommodation so working from hers is not an option, it is also probably a bit far away for the parents) I would then be around most of the time but under no pressure to join in with outings and activities (and most importantly no paperwork!) while I am settling into having 2 children of my own!

I want to take 3 months off, how likely do you think it is that I will be able to find a temporary assistant for that time? And how would I go about doing it? We wouldn't need to hire someone full time as we are not at full capacity the whole week and obviously my own daughter would not need to be counted as I would be responsible for her! I was thinking I might be able to find someone on a local childcare course who might want experience...

Has anyone done anything like this and could give any advice?

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i've just had an enquiry from a student wanting work experience.i told her to talk to her tutor and see what i would need to do .I'll let you know what i find out.x

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be really helpful! Please do let me know your findings