Thread: Work experience

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Work experience

Hi Everyone
    I have a ex mindee parent contact me who would like to do some work experience with me as she is thinking of returning to college and doing child care. She will probably start her course next year.
    I plan to contact Ofsted but am asking just in case any one has any advise.
    So
    1- she is now over 18 but does not have a CRB, who should pay?
    2- she wants to bring her 15 month year old , how does that work with numbers?
    3- I have told her that I would need all parents/Ofsted consent. Do you register non paid work experience?

Thank you for any form of info .

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Take advice from your insurance company I think it's mm who cover work experience but not sure if they have to be referred via a college. Ring ofsted re crb when you have insurance and parents consent. Really don't know about child, should think it would count in your numbers as mum would be their in student cqpacity.

Pipsqueak Guest

My 14yr old is doing WE with me -

he doesn't need a crb (ofsted cleared it though)so I am not sure who would pay
    you will need employers liability (£5 from NCMA)
    risk assessments and demonstrate that you have fully appriased your 'employee' of p&p's etc.

her child would have to remain her responsibility

check with Ofsted and insurer x

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for answers .
    I will check with Ofsted and insurance (ncma).
    I have had a college student but this is slightly different as she is not at college as yet so I would be totally responsible.

Not sure if my parents will be too happy they got a bit funny with my son coming to stay during uni holidays despite the fact he was here very little as he house sits for his uncles and aunts and family friends.

I feel if I research everything before I go back to her then if I decide no then I have good reasons. It's quite hard to be a teenage mum and to get a break but then I also don't want to be responsible for both mother and child.
    Thank you again.