Aeroplane, Helicopter and Hot Air Balloon books
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    md0u0131 Guest

Default Aeroplane, Helicopter and Hot Air Balloon books

Hi,

We are doing Transport as a theme soon - I'm a bit short on air transport books. We'll probably go to the library to have a look anyway but has anybody got any recommendations for ones that are worth buying in?

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

not quite what you want but 'choo choo clickety clack' ( by the same people as dig dig digging ) is all sorts of transport and does have a plane, helicopter and i think hot air balloon in it! we love this book!

there was an usborne helicopter book we saw at the library the other week ( sadly another child was holding it!!! ) no idea if its any good!

the usborne farm tales books have a hot air balloon story, think its called surprise visitors ( DD is asleep and i can't get to the books under her bed! ) we love the farmyard tales books.

md0u0131 Guest

Thank you, I haven't seen the choo choo one - just looked it up on Amazon and it looks fab!

We have the Farmyard ones - will dig those out of my DD bedroom - (she calls them the chicken stories!)

Found a Topsy and Tim one, a Busy Airport one and That's not my plane on Amazon too.

Oh dear - you can't have too many books can you???

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=md0u0131;1120067]Thank you, I haven't seen the choo choo one - just looked it up on Amazon and it looks fab!

We have the Farmyard ones - will dig those out of my DD bedroom - (she calls them the chicken stories!)

Found a Topsy and Tim one, a Busy Airport one and That's not my plane on Amazon too.

Oh dear - you can't have too many books can you???[/QUOTE]

no i don't think so !!! i have got more books than i know what to do with! a friend has just given me a huge pile, some are doubles of what i've got, so i have put them in a lidded plastic box, and they are in the playhouse in the garden! i won't have to worry about 'my' books getting left out/muddy etc now

and i've just made a big order on book people!

edited to say ... as well as choo choo and dig dig , there is one called emergecy to complete the set

md0u0131 Guest

my amazon order arrive today - Clickety Clack is already a huge hit!

Another good one I got which was an instant hit for the olympic theme is Ready Steady Go Mr Croc.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by md0u0131 View Post
    my amazon order arrive today - Clickety Clack is already a huge hit!

Another good one I got which was an instant hit for the olympic theme is Ready Steady Go Mr Croc.
    oooo, that looks good!

someone told me yesterday that you can sing choo choo, dig dig digging etc to the tune of 'daddies taking us ot the zoo tomorrow' !!! some of them work better than others! bet you try now!