I'm a Quitting!!

Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm a Quitting!!

I have one cig left and once that has gone - in the next few mins I will be fagfree!!! whoo!

I can't wait for the withdrawal symptoms to start... not!

Wish me luck everyone, cos I have a feeling I need all the luck in the world - God, please help me !!!

I am going cold turkey as unfortunately I can't afford the £13 every other day for the gum or patches

LOOPYLISA Guest

Default Re: I'm a Quitting!!

Loads and loads and loads of luck x x x x

You can do it, just think of the money you will save, you can buy more bacardi

Im sure you will feel soooooo much better too x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll get loads of support from everyone here - everytime you feel like one tell us!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck... its not easy.

If you ever need anything im here. I had to give up coffee and beer as that was my down fall, when i drank either of them i needed a cig even more.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

big hugs sweetie if you get like your changing your mind ring me at home.

big hugs sweetie you can do it xxxxxxxx
    One life live it

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck im sure you will do it get lots of gum in chew away

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    I have one cig left and once that has gone - in the next few mins I will be fagfree!!! whoo!

I can't wait for the withdrawal symptoms to start... not!

Wish me luck everyone, cos I have a feeling I need all the luck in the world - God, please help me !!!

I am going cold turkey as unfortunately I can't afford the £13 every other day for the gum or patches

Good luck, i gave up 4 months ago and although i am still having cravings, i haven't given in. Please don't try to go cold turkey though as you are more likely to go back to it. Find a local chemist who does a non smoking programme. They will give you anything you need to help you stop, like patches, gum etc and all you have to pay is one lot of perscription fee (about £7 i think) It is a twelve week programme and you have to visit them once a week to have your nicotine levels checked. The £7 covers the whole programme - there is no need to pay that weekly.
    I also got myself a electronic cigarette which really helped. It's the nearest thing to a fag without all the rubbish that goes in them.

Best of luck.

jumpinjen Guest

Many children's centres do a stop smoking service with up to six weeks of patches and your GP surgery should provide two weeks patches free then prescription cost patches after that!

good luck, jenni

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All the very best of luck to you. I have many addictions ,cheese, cider, chocolate, bread but not smoking but I understand how difficult it is to give up things. I wish all the luck in the world.
    Carol x

LOOPYLISA Guest

Ive always said oh my goodness smoking-yuk, errr you smell and just how horrible it is in general, but it must be so difficult x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got some nicorette gum and that seems to be working! yay!

If I struggle I will se about going to my Gp and getting something sorted.

Thanks for the advice

30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Mollymop!! You must be so proud of yourself! I have said that I will give up this year, but then I say that most years
    I've been looking into those ecigs, a lot of blokes at hubbys work have used them and they're all doing really well.
    You have done brilliantly though, may be just the inspiration I need!
    x

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this and thought you were quitting minding before I read it. 13 years for me now!! I was 20+ a day for 10 yrs + and stopped with patches. The hardest part is definitely making the decision and I can honestly say it was far easier than anticipated. Never looked back....good luck out there!!!!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done to everyone on here. I am just in the process of registering, and stopped smoking 5 weeks ago. Still early days, but feeling great. The hardest part was getting my head ready, the rest was a lot easier than I expected. Good luck to anyone thinking of quitting.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not lying, easiest thing I ever did, stopping smoking.
    I loved smoking, had smoked since I was 16 and found it very relaxing and a way to calm down and de-stress..
    I had a manic day and realised at 6pm I'd not smoked AT ALL that day. I'd not even missed it, so I stopped. Easy peasy.
    I didn't tell anyone I was stopping, didn't throw lighter or fags away I just knew I was going to stop. Took my oh about 3 days before he said hang on..you haven't been smoking. I just shrugged a bit and said haven't fancied it. No fuss. Then after 3 weeks I just said yeah I think I've stopped smoking now but don't make a big deal. Six months later, still smoke free minus ONE half a cigarette on a night out 2months ago
    Obviously I sometimes get stressed and think ooh cigarette but then I think what's the point, it's just some brown rubbish wrapped in paper.
    My advice is don't pile pressure on yourself and don't beat yourself up if you have one and think oh well I might as well give up. One or two blips is fine! Good luck xxx