Coronavirus isolation question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronavirus isolation question

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before.
    If my daughter is sent home from school to isolate for 2 weeks because someone in her bubble has tested positive for Covid-19, Can I continue to work? I believe if someone is isolating in a home then no visitors are allowed?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HandD View Post
    Hi, apologies if this has been asked before.
    If my daughter is sent home from school to isolate for 2 weeks because someone in her bubble has tested positive for Covid-19, Can I continue to work? I believe if someone is isolating in a home then no visitors are allowed?
    good question, and my understanding is that we can't work if someone in our family/house is showing signs until a negative test or 14 days ( and no sign of any symptons ), BUT, if they are just isolating because someone in THEIR bubble tested positive, then i'm not sure ... I guess a bit of it depends how well they could isolate at home away from minded children?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's horrible isn't it? Think we're all vulnerable to this scenario because the bubbles at our own children's schools are now so big.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've been asked by another childminder, and I don't know the answer. I've suggested she phone our PHE helpline but wondered what you thought! ....

Schoolie mindee hadn't been for a week as didn't need care. Then had cough. Has tested positive. Obviously child wasn't with her when showing signs of symptoms ... does she need to contact LA/Ofsted etc and shut? Or just carry on as normal and child returns when well?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sarah posted this earlier

Updated reporting procedures for coronavirus:
    The Department for Education have updated Actions for Early Years and Childcare Providers. It has updated the section on managing confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) and what to do if a child is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
    The guidance has been updated to state that: "You should contact the DfE Helpline on 0800 046 8687 and select option 1 for advice on the action to take in response to a positive case. You will be put through to a team of advisors who will inform you what action is needed based on the latest public health advice. If, following triage, further expert advice is required the adviser will escalate your call to the local health protection team."
    Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak - GOV.UK
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your replies,
    I asked Derbyshire EYFS this question and I received the following answer which is not clear and the reason I have asked on childmindinghelp. On the one hand you can’t have visitors to the house and on the other you can carry on working if not displaying symptoms. :-
    Dear ......,

Please refer to the following guidance. Please read it all in particular the ‘Don’t’ section.

When to self-isolate and what to do - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS

Read the following document, paying particular attention to the infection controls- response to an infection section

Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak - GOV.UK

If your child has been sent home it would highlight that they could be at risk of having the virus/ may or may not have shown symptoms, or someone in their bubble/ class has shown symptoms; and so the guidance from Public Health England must also be followed.

Guidance for contacts of people with confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection who do not live with the person - GOV.UK

Yours sincerely,

Vicky

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The best thing to do if you get a situation would be to ring the dfe helpline.

I think each case will be different and will take in various considerations.
    The r number and any local restrictions
    The age of your children- could you keep them isolated from you and any mindees.
    You setting have you got separate toilet facilities.
    So I don't think there can be a general answer to the question
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I've been asked by another childminder, and I don't know the answer. I've suggested she phone our PHE helpline but wondered what you thought! ....

Schoolie mindee hadn't been for a week as didn't need care. Then had cough. Has tested positive. Obviously child wasn't with her when showing signs of symptoms ... does she need to contact LA/Ofsted etc and shut? Or just carry on as normal and child returns when well?

Loocyloo track and trace only go back for two days so your friend should be fine to carry on

11. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Loocyloo track and trace only go back for two days so your friend should be fine to carry on
    Thank you.... that's pretty much what I ( and colleague ) thought, but I think we're all doubting ourselves at the moment as things keep changing!

13. Likes Maza liked this post