Ofsted health declaration form
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ofsted health declaration form

    Hi Im new on this Forum , i recently decided to become a childminder as ive always worked from home it work well for me as im a carer to my son 21 and daughter 24.

    I have been on all the training for the childminding with my local council. Im just waiting for the CRBs to come through then i can register put my Registration in with OFSTED.

    Im just really worried about my health declaration form and what my gp will write.
    In 2010 I suffered from a blood clot which blocked my portal vein and it has causes varices in my gut. I have about 2 visits a year to hospital to see my consultant and he is pleased with my progress and im not having any symptoms from it.
    The conditions I have are grade 2 and 3 oesophageal varices and the clot that blocks my liver but i dont have any symptoms like jaundice or ascites.

    Ive had a few scans and due a gastroscopy in june to band the varices.

    I dont take any medication except just over the counter supplements like iron and zinc.

    I also suffer from heavy periods but they are under control.

    Has anyone been in a similar situation im stressing out.

    Thankyou x

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    Hi, and welcome to the forum

    I don't have any experience with regards to your condition, but, Ofsted are interested in whether your condition is likely to affect your ability to look after and care for the children adequately and safely.
    If for example you had a back problem that meant you were unable to bend, stretch, make sudden movements comfortably etc for long periods of time (an 8 - 10 hour day with upto 6 children) then that would raise concerns for your own well being as well as for the children's potential safety. Make sense?

    If your condition is well managed, under control, and a doctor signs off that your condition wouldn't affect your ability to care for the children, then you should be fine. You may need to be further interviewed by Ofsted or an Ofsted associated doctor, but if you risk assess any potential problems/issues then there shouldn't be a problem

    Good luck, and please let us know how you get on



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links


You can also find us on:
Ofsted health declaration form Ofsted health declaration form Ofsted health declaration form

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk