Paying my child for helping out
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Paying my child for helping out

    My 16 yr old has his dbs and is registered as my assistant. He helps me out during the week, more so in the holidays where he can get paid up to £100 a week. I have been advised that I don't need to inform HMRC if he is earning less than £113 a week. He has now been offered a part time job which during the holidays will take him over earning £113. Do I now have to register him with HMRC or what does he have to do in this respect. Many Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    There is some information in files about employing teenagers - Employing your teens to help.

    you might find it useful



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links


You can also find us on:
Paying my child for helping out Paying my child for helping out Paying my child for helping out

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of