Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I came on here looking for some advice. I'm currently going through the process of becoming a childminder. I've had a visit from my local childcare officer and she has been through all my paper work which is fine. I have converted my outhouse into a messy play room because I wanted to keep that separate from the house, mainly to please my husband. I am waiting on my husbands DBS certificate to turn up so then I can register. Its been 4 weeks so far and I've been told it can take up to 18 weeks! I currently work in a nursery and i have been there 2 years. Ive got level 2 and my level 3 will finish in march 2017. Reason for choosing childminding is because i don't have GCSEs to be counted in ratio as a level 3 at work and my husband works abroad so when he is away i struggle to juggle work and having my daughter at school whilst also attending after school club. I love working with children and thought childminding would work well with my family. And by doing level 2 and 3 has given me the knowledge of the eyfs and safeguarding. I also have other training from work. I was really excited about starting childminding but recently my husband has discussed his issues with me. Because he works abroad for 4 weeks and is home for 8 weeks, he doesn't want to be surrounded by children and toys. Now im worried im doing the wrong thing. My house is small too but the childcare officer said its absolutely fine, im still worried ill be in my husbands way. I don't want to be at the nursery anymore but all i want to do is work with children. I feel stuck now. What can i do??? Anyone else in this situation??