Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please stop the pop ups

Richard is it possible to stop the pop up things please.
    Yesterday I was told that Id won a certain amout of money because I was the 200th/whatever person to visit the site or some such rubbish
    and to day I could win a Ipad, Iphone or £500 or something.

Theres no, no thanks button either from what I could see.

Regards
    Mandy
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Pipsqueak Guest

Wow you are one seriously lucky person.. I don't win ANYthing.. lol (and I don't get pop ups either )

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't get them here.

perhaps run all you anti virus/malware etc to see if something has got through.

also if you use your phone to use the internet have you got avg on that
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got one of those pop ups yesterday, but it's the first and only one i've had. I wondered if I'd clicked on one of the ads by mistake? At the time one of them was telling me I could have won something

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I never get pop ups at all
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I got one of those pop ups yesterday, but it's the first and only one i've had. I wondered if I'd clicked on one of the ads by mistake? At the time one of them was telling me I could have won something
    I had this too yesterday.

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday was the first time.

Its never happened before, I havent changed my settings or anything?
    So yesterday I went thro the motions of 'Accepting' and basically you have to look at a load of other offers on the internet like Love Films or whatever they were called before they put you into a prize draw. Bit of a con really imo.
    This morning I couldnt even use the Back button to get back to the forum, had to close the tab and reopen it if you know what I mean..
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i had it once yesterday and thought i had clicked n an ad, just had it again... on this post weirdly, and i have never had a pop up before that navagated yu away from the page yu are viewing, it usually just opens a new window over the top.
    Blessed Be!

Post Thanks / Like

The pop ups are not coming from the forum. Next time you see one please can you let me know the page you were on where the pop up appeared and what you did prior to the pop up appearing?

It sounds like some kind of third party software that is serviing the ads from elsewhere. For example a toolbar or some kind of spyware.

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No pop ups for me but ive got a pop up blocker on my laptop anyway
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

well i can tell you 100% that just prior to my last post on this thread i clicked into this thread and it took me immediately to a flashing site telling me i'd won something or other. I didn't click it through, it changed this forum page rather than popping up a new window and i was able to back click out of it.
    Blessed Be!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    well i can tell you 100% that just prior to my last post on this thread i clicked into this thread and it took me immediately to a flashing site telling me i'd won something or other. I didn't click it through, it changed this forum page rather than popping up a new window and i was able to back click out of it.
    That's what happened to me yesterday. I was on the New Posts page & clicked on a thread. Instead of the thread opening it came up with a red page asking me to complete a survey (or something like that) with the chance to win an ipod, ipad etc. It wasn't a flashing page though and could easily have been mistaken for something related to the forum. I back clicked away from it & it took me to the thread I'd originally tried to open. It was then I noticed one of the ads within the thread was a 'click on this for your chance to win' type ad. I thought I must have clicked on that by mistake, but guess now I probably didn't.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what happened to me yesterday. I was on the New Posts page & clicked on a thread. Instead of the thread opening it came up with a red page asking me to complete a survey (or something like that) with the chance to win an ipod, ipad etc. It wasn't a flashing page though and could easily have been mistaken for something related to the forum. I back clicked away from it & it took me to the thread I'd originally tried to open. It was then I noticed one of the ads within the thread was a 'click on this for your chance to win' type ad. I thought I must have clicked on that by mistake, but guess now I probably didn't.
    i just had one a minute ago, was viewing the dialy diaries thread

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

me the same yesterday in the evening, red page one, I also thought I had clicked something wrong! I havent had one before

Post Thanks / Like

I've had this a couple of times too, thought I had hit something accidentally Glad its not just me!!!

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just had a popup as I clicked onto this thread. Winning an ipod or some such rubbish. I couldn't get away from it with the back button it kept reappearing. VERY ANNOYING !!!!!! In the end I shut down the childcare tab completely to get rid of it. Methinks your site has been hacked.

Non childminder member
    Technical Admin
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm having trouble finding any popups when navigating the site as described above. I've also spent a considerable amount of time examining code, but if the site has been compromised, they do make these things hard to find.

Please can those who have seen popups post in here with the web browser they are using, preferably with the version number for example Google Chrome 21. Any screenshots of said popups (including the web browser address bar if possible) would also be good.

Thanks

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davedevelopment View Post
    I'm having trouble finding any popups when navigating the site as described above. I've also spent a considerable amount of time examining code, but if the site has been compromised, they do make these things hard to find.

Please can those who have seen popups post in here with the web browser they are using, preferably with the version number for example Google Chrome 21. Any screenshots of said popups (including the web browser address bar if possible) would also be good.

Thanks

Dave
    I'll do my best Dave but I'm a bit of a technophobe

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chimps Childminding View Post
    I'll do my best Dave but I'm a bit of a technophobe
    On your keyboard - top right somewhere - you will find a button that says 'prtsc' - print screen.

Click it when you see the problem pop up - open a word document - paste your screen print using control and 'v' or right click your mouse and 'paste'.

Then you can email the screen print - info@childmindinghelp.co.uk.

Hopefully this is the right email - if not I am sure Dave will correct me!!

Hth

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

my internet history for thursday - when i last saw the popup has the following http - http://cm.g.doubleclick.net/push
    this is certainly the style of address in the bar on the popup and i don't recall seeing it at any other time during my limited computer time on thursday. it also doesn't take me anywhere when i click it now.
    not sure if thats much help!
    Blessed Be!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast