Is it just me or is this driving everyone else insane too :-(
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it just me or is this driving everyone else insane too :-(

I used to come on this forum all the time via my phone, haven't really got time to put laptop on, but its just not working for me anymore. The texts too small, I know I can zoom but thats a pain in itself and it just doesnt seem to stand out well now, I had to come on laptop to work out how to post a thread as it just wasnt working on phone, please tell me theres some updates coming as its impossible at the moment. On an iphone by the way.

moogster1a Guest

[I can't read it properly on my laptop anymore.
    Far far too messy. Just awful to read.

3. Likes rickysmiths, mr man liked this post
    moogster1a Guest

Default please please change the format!!

I know I'm not the only one who's still finding the new format hard to read.
    Even setting aside the revolting colour scheme, the whole format is now far too fussy and difficult to read.
    Please please change it before I decamp to rest my eyes!!

5. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting used to it slowly, I think you are right though the font of the headings and sub headings is a lot smaller than it used to be, or maybe it is just because it is a different font and in different colours.

I don't think it is just you - I don't know to be sure, but doesn't seem as if as many people are using the forum since the update - before when you logged on in evening it would say "120 logged on" as a total but don't think it says that anymore but on each heading it often only says 2 people logged on, 7 people logged on - takes alot of those small numbers to make 120!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Richard is working on Apple and android apps at the moment!

It's been a busy time recently moving the forum to a more secure server and upgrading the software but I know apps are on his things to do list.

I will flag this post up so he sees it

8. Likes Rubybubbles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The number of people using the forum has been up since the updated site launched. There has been a lot more engagement and our analytics shows that the average time spent on the forum per user is up as well as the number of page views per user. There has also been a increase in the number of new members joining per day.

Any website will appear different when viewing on a mobile but you can use the zoom facility on your phone to make the text bigger.

We are currently in the process of developing the iPhone and Android apps and these will be available in the coming weeks.

We have received more positive comments about the new forum than negative ones and I am sorry if anyone doesn't like the new look. It is subjective. Change can be difficult but the old forum look was outdated and used old software that is no longer supported.

The new forum has cost a lot of time and money to develop and I hope that most of you will continue to enjoy it for years to come.

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Very excited about the idea of an App, I'm a full member of childcare.co.uk and think its brilliant, got a 2 mindees through it and lots of interest
    Louise x
    I believe in dragons, fairies, good men and other mythical creatures!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i still dont like the 'pinkness' of the forum but do find it easier to read now and prefer the new layout.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The number of people using the forum has been up since the updated site launched. There has been a lot more engagement and our analytics shows that the average time spent on the forum per user is up as well as the number of page views per user. There has also been a increase in the number of new members joining per day.

Any website will appear different when viewing on a mobile but you can use the zoom facility on your phone to make the text bigger.

We are currently in the process of developing the iPhone and Android apps and these will be available in the coming weeks.

We have received more positive comments about the new forum than negative ones and I am sorry if anyone doesn't like the new look. It is subjective. Change can be difficult but the old forum look was outdated and used old software that is no longer supported.

The new forum has cost a lot of time and money to develop and I hope that most of you will continue to enjoy it for years to come.

Richard
    To be perfectly honest with you, Im so used to it now I had to stop and remind myself what the old forum looked like! I love the notifications, like button and the general feel of the forum. It does seem quite bright but for a gal who needs her specs to see anything written Im finding it ok. x
    If all else fails......add glitter!

13. Likes FussyElmo, Jo Jo, Kirstylob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Richard
    Sorry didnt mean it to sound so negative, just frustration from half an hour wasted trying to work out how to start a thread on mobile. I'm finding it all far too hard via phone, but hopefully app will sort all that, know there isn't an exact date yet for app but are we talking a couple of weeks maybe?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Sorry didnt mean it to sound so negative, just frustration from half an hour wasted trying to work out how to start a thread on mobile. I'm finding it all far too hard via phone, but hopefully app will sort all that, know there isn't an exact date yet for app but are we talking a couple of weeks maybe?
    I have just got an andriod phone and I can access the forum - it is doable just about if you double tap the screen - someone on here gave me the tip!

Have a nosey through this thread I put on a while ago you might pick up some more tips -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...lp-please.html

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I find it easier with the new forum on the phone I have an android. but I think it will be small on most phones maybe the galaxy note 2 would be the best
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never been able to read the forum on my mobile far too small I've borrowed hubby's iPad and am loving it as can get on forum without having to set up the laptop downside was it took 10 minutes to get the keyboard up to reply lol
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always far easier to criticise than to say 'thank you.' I am used to it all on here now, colours don't bother me - someone has taken the time, unpaid, to sort out a new forum with no (known to the end user) technical hitches. It's hours of work, it's cost, it's time away from family. If a parent moaned I'd changed my house colour (which I might because every wall is white) I'd likely point out it was to create a better, more up to date environment for their child!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rachelle View Post
    It's always far easier to criticise than to say 'thank you.' I am used to it all on here now, colours don't bother me - someone has taken the time, unpaid, to sort out a new forum with no (known to the end user) technical hitches. It's hours of work, it's cost, it's time away from family. If a parent moaned I'd changed my house colour (which I might because every wall is white) I'd likely point out it was to create a better, more up to date environment for their child!
    I couldn't care less about the colour, my point is I can't now use it in the way I used to and need to, the text is too small which makes it hard to read, also when I press any button nine times out of ten my finger catches wrong button as buttons are too small, at the end of the day hopefully this will all be solved with app, but quite frankly if it was me I'd rather be told these issues than just have people leave which is what would be happening in my case if it wasn't for the app coming out, not because I want to but because it is inaccessible for me. I have no issue with things being made more up to date in fact I fully support it, but I'm hardly going to be thankful when the changes mean I can't now access fully in the way I need to.

moogster1a Guest

[B]"our analytics shows that the average time spent on the forum per user is up". [B]
    Could that be because people spend so long squinting at the page and trying to find what they need in a mongst all the stuff?

Please at least get rid of the pink. we are not 8 year old girls, we're meant to be projecting a professional image.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone who was extremely sceptical I have to say, I like the lay out now & don't find it any more difficult to navigate the forum on my laptop or IPad than I did before. In fact, as someone else has said, I can hardly remember what the old forum was like. But I don't use my phone for looking at it anyway, so I can't comment on that. It doesn't sound as if it's a real issue for some people though

I do like the 'like' button...I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets a little buzz when they see they've got new likes

But, I do find the colour very bright. My eyes are very sensitive to light & I find they actually start to hurt if I read the forum for too long. I don't want to adjust the setting on my laptop as that would alter everything else I read. I wonder if it would be possible to have a darker colour round the edge to give a bit more definition to the page? I do like pink (though I prefer purple!), but would have liked colours with a bit more depth

Edit to say: darker colours, somewhere between the ones we have now & the ones in the clown face logo
    Last edited by Mouse; 17-10-2012 at 08:26 AM.

22. Likes silvermist liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The problem is the forum cant be changed to suit every single member its impossible.

For every member who dislikes the colour there is lots of members who it doesnt bother.

I thought the pink had actually been toned down abit or is that my eyes

Also its not just 8 year old girls who like the pink and this from a nearly 40 year old who likes the colour
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 17-10-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

24. Likes nell57, green puppy, jane5 liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    As someone who was extremely sceptical I have to say, I like the lay out now & don't find it any more difficult to navigate the forum on my laptop or IPad than I did before. In fact, as someone else has said, I can hardly remember what the old forum was like. But I don't use my phone for looking at it anyway, so I can't comment on that. It doesn't sound as if it's a real issue for some people though

I do like the 'like' button...I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets a little buzz when they see they've got new likes

But, I do find the colour very bright. My eyes are very sensitive to light & I find they actually start to hurt if I read the forum for too long. I don't want to adjust the setting on my laptop as that would alter everything else I read. I wonder if it would be possible to have a darker colour round the edge to give a bit more definition to the page? I do like pink (though I prefer purple!), but would have liked colours with a bit more depth

Edit to say: darker colours, somewhere between the ones we have now & the ones in the clown face logo
    I agree 100%
    If all else fails......add glitter!

26. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rachelle View Post
    yes it is isn't it! However, I am one of those who is still having problems looking at the site.. the colour scheme is really giving me 'visual distress' as my optician would tell me and tbh I am not coming on the forum as much.

Its not about being unappreciative of people's unpaid hardwork, its not about talking to some of us like we are being petulant children either, for some of us its actually about something that is a problem. I know Richard says he has had more positivity than negativity - actually from what I can see that has been posted i would say its a bit of an equal split - although I don't have access to stats.

For me, a long time member of the forum, I love the ethos of the forum and the people even more, so I don't need to be gently explained to about that either.

28. Likes mama2three, zippy liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast