Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Important Announcement regarding the Forum

I want to keep you up to date with what is happening with the Forum at the moment.

From today the website and Forum has a new owner.

Yes, I know this might come as quite a shock but it is not a decision Graham and I have taken lightly, in fact it has taken many, many months of sleepless nights and long discussions.

However, we feel it is the best way to secure the future of the Forum. As it gets bigger and bigger the time required to look after it gets more and more and we find that we have precious little time for other things.

The ‘front end’ is not the problem, we love chatting with you and being involved, sorting problems and helping you all - and we will continue to do that plus Sarah and Angel will also still be here, so no worries.

It is the server side that causes the most headaches, it needs a qualified IT manager now to ensure everything runs smoothly, this is where the new owner comes in.

Also, as many of you know we suffered a terrible personal tragedy earlier this year. When something like this happens it makes you reflect on your life and prioritises what is important to you. We need time with our family.

The main thing is the Forum is now guaranteed to continue to grow and stay the best resource for childminders on the internet.

Like I have said, myself, Sarah and Angel will still be here so don’t be concerned too much on how things will change, just carry on as normal!

I am sure you are all wondering who the new owner is. Well, many of you will already know of him from other online sources - he goes by the name of Richard Conway of www.childcare.co.uk

Richard has the expertise, staff and knowledge to bring some wonderful new features that I could only dream of bringing to you so I hope you will give him our usual warm and friendly Forum welcome.

Please be gentle with him.

Please note: My website building is NOT affected and anyone who has a website with me will still get the same service because it is a totally different site and not part of Childminding Help.

Love you all,
    Pauline x

Post Thanks / Like

You have our support as always Pauline and you know that

Does Richard actually know what he's letting himself in for though ...all us women ...and a few men to back him

So happy your still going to be around too

Love to you and Graham xxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Angel, there have been a few tears shed in making this decision but I know it is the right thing to do, if only for my sanity
    Last edited by angeldelight; 08-08-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Pauline x

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting us know and I know Richard will look after us all. He's always come across as a helpful and friendly person so at least we are in safe hands.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you both. You have done an amazing job with the forum and I wouldn't be where I am today without it, so a huge thank you to you and Graham and I am glad you will still be around, technology is growing all the time and the forum will continue to grow even further now with Richard's help

Penny1959 Guest

In life you have to make the best decisions for yourself and your family, and that is what you and Graham have done.

Pleased to know that you will still be around to chat.

I wish you both all the best - enjoy the time with your family

Much love

Penny

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It shows what a huge success the forum is if it now needs an IT expert to run it. You and Graham have done a wonderful job, but now's the time to put you & your family first. Enjoy your family time

As for Richard...he's a very brave man

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your family's tragedy.
    The suppport you give everyone is amazing and it is a huge forum - its completely understandable you feel it is time to pass some of the responsibilty to someone else.
    Best wishes, x

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to say thank you for building such a wonderful forum and website . Over the last three and a half years it has been a part of my daily life and such a help and support to me in my career a a CM.

So glad you will still be around
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It shows what a huge success the forum is if it now needs an IT expert to run it. You and Graham have done a wonderful job, but now's the time to put you & your family first. Enjoy your family time

As for Richard...he's a very brave man

Well done to Pauline and Graham for bringing the forum so far single handedly. I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for the help received here, so a big thank you from me and hope you enjoy your family time
    xx

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Pauline and Graham

Hope you are both ok xx

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for creating this fprim, bringing it this far and ensuring it's future, you are stars.
    Enjoy your family time, more time to chat on here too

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure Richard REALLY knows what he is letting himself in for

Thank you Pauline and Graham for everything you have done for the Forum

It must have been a very difficult decision for you to make, but as I have discovered recently, sometimes you have to put yourselves and your family first, and you have been through an awful time this year.

Take care xx

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pauline & Graham, I just wanted to say that without you lovely people and this wonderful forum I would never had got through my inspections which such good outcomes.

I owe you all so much, it must have been a very hard discision but your family and life must come first.

Best wishes for the future xx
    Cherry x

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can absolutely understand why you have made such a hard decision, Family are very precious. Thank you to you both for creating an amazing forum. I can honestly say I would not have achieved my outstanding grading if it wasn't for all the fantastic people on here.
    I'm so glad you will still be here to chat to.

Thank you xx
    Toothfairy

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pauline and Graham this forum is such a credit to you and the fact that has grown so big that you need someone to look after it proves it.

I dont blame you with all you have gone through this year for wanting to take a step back and let someone else deal with it. Prioirites and situations change.

Welcome Richard you have a very hard act to follow
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

jumpinjen Guest

I can understand why you have taken this decision and i wish you peace now that it is a done deal! I love the forum as it is and I'm a techie dinosaur so hope it won'r have TOO many new features!!!

Love, Jen x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

its the end of an era but also a brave new world..

And to pauline and graham thank you so much....words cannot express my gratitude

mandy xxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pauline. Hello Richard

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This must have been a huge decission to make and I fully understand why. thank you so much Pauline and Graham for all your hard work and good luck Richard

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast