Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you keep documents you use?

For example, I am in the middle of writing my healthy eating policy and sample menu so I have lots of information I have printed from various websites, some I shall put in my portfolio alongside the healthy eating policy for parents to see but I also have documents related to menu planning, checklists, standards, codes of practice that some parents may be interested to see but they are pages and pages long - so I am guessing is more the sort of thing I would want to show Ofsted when they come to inspect (here I am thinking of inspections and I'm not even registered yet )
    I also have lots of health and safety and safeguarding info, that whilst I would like to keep for reference although I don't think I need to show parents ALL of it.
    Do you have a separate folder for this sort of thing?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I only show prospective parents my Polices and procedures and I have a sample menu on one side of A4.

I have got ruthless recently and got ride of a lot of the info you have mentioned because it sits in folders and never gets looked at!

aving said that I just keep any info I want in folders for me.

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    To be honest I only show prospective parents my Polices and procedures and I have a sample menu on one side of A4.

I have got ruthless recently and got ride of a lot of the info you have mentioned because it sits in folders and never gets looked at!

aving said that I just keep any info I want in folders for me.
    I am the same, I have a sample menu giving various options for mels and it is in my policy and mprocedure folder with my Healthy Eating Policy.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have files for everything... they are all labelled so if parents ask a question I can grab the information quickly