Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    08/08/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default daily paperwork what do you think??

Hi all,
    Long time since I've been on here with being so busy with my mindees.
    I'm still having trouble trying to fit all this paperwork in per child, it
    does seem quite impossible sometimes.
    so I have just done a new style of daily diary, if you could have a look and see what you all think.

I seem to need to have all the paperwork with me at all times for me to remember to actually do the paperwork. so have devised this bit of paperwork.

But if you think there could also be something missing, can you let me know.
    I have on this sheet,
    Child's name, date, meals and times, Notes e.g medication taken that day, naps, nappy changes box, what i did today section, observation (with categories of eyfs), next steps and photo here slot.

is there anything else I need for the eyfs that could go on here.
    apart from the assessments every few months or so.

I'm just trying to make my life easier with this paperwork.
    please let me know what you think. if it can be improved
    Daily Diary 2012.doc

Thanks
    Tanya

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If this is to go home with mindee every day perhaps you could add a box for parents to contribute .ofsted like this and does help if its a quick handover in the morning for parents to keep you up to date with what they are doing/had for breakfast/had a poo etc at home with them.

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    08/08/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, yes
    I did think about adding that, which I will - after I have juggled the page around a bit.
    what else do you think it would need to see that all the paperwork for the support of the eyfs is done.
    I've even thought about using a white board, with the same format on it for writing down during day. then transfering to the proper book.
    I'm sure thereare some more things that is missing from the overall eyfs paperwork.
    I would like to make life so much easier than what we have been taught, or little we have been taught. It would have been nice if we had set paperwork books with everything in one area, and this is what I'm trying to do.
    I have my finances paperwork sorted, that is a doddle, compared to matching this all up. I'm even re - organisng the practice guidence for the eyfs learning and development cards.
    Tho they are sorted into areas, you have to look through pages and pages of the book, to get to the right age group.
    So I have been typing it all up into age groups rather than learning areas. which has made my life so much easier and quicker.
    I will be posting those on here at some point too, when I have finished all of them.

Please let me know if there is anything else that could be put on here on the word doc on the first page of this thread.

Tanya

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    08/08/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Have re done the other sheet.
    if you could take a look now, and see if there is anything missing.
    Thanks
    Tanya

Daily Diary 2012a.doc

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

looks good.

there is or was, somewhere on the forum a set of pages where someone has put all the bits into the age categories, making it easier to follow, but i can't think who or where! ( or what to even look for! )

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be wrong but it looks like you plan to do a formal written observation every day. That is a lot more than I would do, I tend to do one every month/six weeks - again maybe I should be doing more!
    Maybe you could make your life easier by cutting back on long observations, and doing brief post it ones instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    looks good.

there is or was, somewhere on the forum a set of pages where someone has put all the bits into the age categories, making it easier to follow, but i can't think who or where! ( or what to even look for! )
    Try free resources (free downloads) at the top of the page

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!