Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Holiday policy

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Holiday policy

Hi guys
    It's been a while since I've been on this site but always great to get advice from people in the same situation as me

Basically I've been childminding for 7 years, during this time I've been taking only 2 weeks off a year ( Easter and Xmas) and charging 1/2 fees, I do this as I feel that I'm providing a service by not taking 5 weeks off like most other childminders in the area

This year I've been so tired that I haven't been able to enjoy Christmas and feel that if I don't get more holiday time I'm going to put myself in hospital, I mean 36 weeks without a break! No fun

So I've been thinking taking 4 weeks off set each year plus 5 floating days and not charging anything for my holidays? What do you guys do??

Post Thanks / Like

I have two weeks paid holiday a year and I charge parents in full for their holidays. I usually have at least another 3 weeks unpaid holiday myself every year.

I think you're right to change things so you have more time off, I know I'm always ready for my holidays!

Miffyxx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have about 3 weeks off a year - 2 for holidays and 1 for Christmas.

However I take Fridays off so I get a long weekend every week which makes a huge difference.

I hope you can sort it out

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 weeks unpaid holiday, I work out the annual cost of their contract, minus my 4 weeks and divide it by 12 that way I get my holiday and dont drop in my money

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 wks unpaid holiday per year as im unavailable to work i charge full pay if my mindees take holiday as im available although i try to give notice for all my holidays at the start of the year so parents can book holiday the same time as me.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I have about 3 weeks off a year - 2 for holidays and 1 for Christmas.

However I take Fridays off so I get a long weekend every week which makes a huge difference.

I hope you can sort it out
    i'm the same. Previously I worked only taking of 2 weeks summer and xmas bank hols. nearly killed me. now I take xmas week, 2 weeks in summer and now only work 3 days in the school hols (might be 2 this year ). take the time off - you need it
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    QUOTE=zoe2010;1030616]I have 4 wks unpaid holiday per year as im unavailable to work i charge full pay if my mindees take holiday as im available although i try to give notice for all my holidays at the start of the year so parents can book holiday the same time as me.
    [/QUOTE]

Im the same as this although i take 5 weeks unpaid. I sort my holidays out a year in advance. So my parents are quite happy to get this time with their children and not have to pay me.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing